This job is no longer available
Kadrmas, Lee & Jackson, Inc. is an employee-owned company who offers competitive compensation, cafeteria benefits including various insurance options, 401k and profit sharing retirement program, and provides an environment for personal and professional growth.
A Bachelor’s degree in civil engineering or a related field from an accredited four-year college or university is required and 8+ years of experience. A PE (Professional Engineer) license is required and the individual must become registered in the state of North Dakota within 6 months of employment. Experience with airports is preferred but not required. Maintain competency in and serve as major firm resource in field of expertise. The individual must interact with people at all levels and communicate effectively. Strong computer skills, detail-oriented, self-starter, leadership, organizational, and interpersonal skills are essential. A valid driver’s license is required, or the ability to obtain one.
The Airport Engineer plans, designs, reviews, and directs timely, accurate, and cost efficient engineering services both in the office and in the field. Responsibilities include planning, design, construction, and maintenance services for airport projects. This individual will also direct, coordinate, and supervise staff.
· Provide services for civil engineering airport projects to include design, plans, specifications, reports, maps, environmental impacts, project budgets, scope of work, permits, contracts, schedules, estimates, surveying, data collection, construction observation, field investigation, and coordination of subconsultants and contractors.
· Provide engineering services with accuracy, on time and under budget.
· Project manager, client manager, and project engineer on designated projects.
· This is a leadership position with a supervisory role which also includes MAPs evaluations, staff performance and behavior, and team building efforts.
· Coordination of business development, marketing strategy, and handling of project financials.
· Provide direction and review for and support to the group by leading design aspects of projects; instructing, training, and mentoring group members and support staff; and adhering to project budget and schedule.
· Provide quality control and quality assurance on all project work.
· Supervises and monitors client relationship strategies.
· Marketing responsibilities with clients to obtain work for the firm, prepares forecast of workload for assigned staff and closely monitors backlog.
· Confer with project team members and clients to lead, prepare, and participate in project proposals and interviews.
· Coordinate, facilitate, and attend internal and external meetings.
· Client contact and communication. Utilize effective communication skills to answer inquiries from coworkers, clients, or the public.
· Public involvement includes speaking and meeting with stakeholders as well as working with staff to produce reports, graphics, presentations, and other visual material.
· Provide all engineering services in a legal and ethical manner.
· Serve as onsite project representative. Review construction site to monitor progress and other duties per the contract documents.
· Effectively deal with difficult situations and confrontation both internally and externally with contractors and clients.
· Exercise independent thinking, creativity, and initiative in the performance of these duties.
· Perform all responsibilities with attention to detail and deadlines.
· Must project a professional, positive attitude and exercise confidentiality.
· Work effectively both independently and as team member.
· Understand, interpret, participate in, and implement company-mandated safety policies.
· Travel is required; may work overtime, especially during the construction season.
SKILLS and ABILITIES
Language: Read, write, and interpret documents and interact with co-workers. Effectively present information to specified groups or individuals.
Math: Add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Apply concepts of basic algebra, geometry, trigonometry and financial functions.
Reasoning: Apply commonsense understanding to carry out detailed written or oral instructions. Deal with problems involving concrete variables in standardized situations.
Other: Operate a computer working in spreadsheet, database, word processing, and other various software programs. Must have excellent analytical, multitasking, organizational, written communication, and oral communication skills.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; stand; walk; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; and reach with hands and arms. The employee frequently is required to talk or hear.
The employee must frequently lift and move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and move up to 75 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. The noise level on the construction site is often loud.