Central Mail Supervisor
Employment Opportunity with the State of Minnesota
Position: Central Mail Supervisor
Employer: State of Minnesota, Department of Administration
Condition: Permanent, Full Time
Salary: $41,948 - $60,907, DOQ, plus comprehensive benefits package
Reference #: 12ADM000036
Direct and manage day-to-day Central Mail operations. Direct and oversee 5 units within Central Mail (Mail Processing, Ink-Jet Addressing, Inserting, Folding & Bar Coding/Automation) and 2 different types of funds, so that customer satisfaction is achieved and each operates in an efficient manner.
Establish, coordinate and inform state agency representatives of new programs offered by the United States Postal Service that result in cost savings. Manage Central Mail staff so that assigned responsibilities are carried out in a thorough, cooperative and proficient manner.
Prepare annual production plans, equipment purchases, business plan and budgets to enable the development of goals and production activities.
Establish and manage a quality control program to avoid spoilage and ensure that customers receive high-quality services. Establish sufficient funds & procedures for the flow of mail so adequate monies are available when required.
Qualified candidates' resumes will demonstrate the following:
- Demonstrated managerial, supervisory or lead work experience is required.
- Organizational skills to manage activities that are very diverse & have statewide impact.
- Ability to understand state government's structure and operation.
- A thorough knowledge & understanding of the United States Postal Service rules & regulations.
- Knowledge of accounting/budgeting procedures to develop the annual business plan & budgets.
- Ability to prioritize jobs in order to provide the most economical & desirable means of mailing jobs.
- Understanding of the ink-jet addressing processes & options, including electronic print files, CDs or disks in various formats.
- Skill in human relations to solve problems regularly and communicate with employees with different jobs, backgrounds, and education levels.
- Time management sufficient to handle multiple, detailed projects.
- Strong oral and written communication skills and a commitment to customer service.
- Commitment to innovation, risk-taking, staff empowerment and leadership.
The ideal candidate will also possess:
- Demonstrated managerial-level experience in a role similar to this position's responsibilities.
- Supervisory experience in a unionized governmental entity.
How to Apply:
If you’re interested in applying, please access the job posting on the State of Minnesota’s Careers website, www.careers.state.mn.us. Select “search for a job” and enter posting number 12ADM000036. The tentative application deadline is 04/20/2012. You may link directly via https://statejobs.doer.state.mn.us/JobPosting/View?_posting=12ADM000036 .
Apply Here: http://www.Click2Apply.net/2v344wg