This job is no longer available
Department: Integrated Implementation
Reports to: Delivery Manager
The EDI Business Analyst will be directly responsible for a range of project management responsibilities from the completion of the sale through implementation of the service at the client site. The Business Analyst may be called upon to assist with pre-sales efforts, providing examples, guidance and/or direction to a prospect. The incumbent will build rapport with the entire commerce team while working to increase project efficiency through effective internal and external human and technical resource utilization.
- Flexibility/Adaptability: Openness to different ways of doing things; willingness to modify one’s preferred way of doing things.
- Customer Orientation: Demonstrated concern for satisfying one’s external and/or internal customers.
- Initiative: Identifying what needs to be done in ambiguous situations and doing it before being asked or being required to by the situation.
- Entrepreneurial Orientation: A tendency to look for and seize profitable business opportunities; willingness to take calculated risks to achieve business goals.
- Results Orientation: Focusing on the desired end result of one’s own work setting challenging goals; focusing effort on the goals, and meeting or exceeding them.
- Self-Confidence: Faith in one’s own ideas and ability to be successful; willingness to take an independent position in the face of opposition.
- Personal Credibility: Demonstrated concern that one can be perceived as responsible, reliable, and trustworthy.
- Leadership: Understand and embrace different working styles. Lead the team to desired results while treating each style equally.
- Project Management: Understanding of business functionality as it relates to processes; sense of urgency/high motivation and energy levels; results oriented; problem solving skills; able to effectively manage multiple major projects and priorities simultaneously; computer literate; broad technical understanding and experience.
- Leadership: Assertive leader having the ability to represent the Company at a senior level and develop strong rapport with the client; a leadership style that supports and illustrates a commitment to teamwork, empowerment, hard work, creativity, and communication; strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Entrepreneurial: “Roll up the sleeves” attitude; proactive in looking for and seizing profitable business opportunities; ability to thrive in a high growth, fast pace environment.
- Personal: Creative and innovative; team leader/player; detail oriented; an aggressive self-starter; a team-focused leader and forthright communicator; flexible and adaptable to different ways of doing things.
- Develops and manages client EDI implementation projects through a combination of client analysis, specification and interpretation, EDI strategies and execution of service. Responsible for development and coordinating implementation of these project plans and timelines.
- Serves as the primary technical (EDI) contact for the aforementioned account type, including facilitating all necessary communications internally and with the client.
- Collaborates with other team members and other areas within the Company to support SPS Commerce’s strategy and process.
- Ensures clients are “referenceable” accounts by meeting or exceeding their project, customer service and implementation needs.
- Performs other projects and responsibilities, as required/assigned.
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS REQUIRED
- 5+ years of business experience, with a technology understanding.
- EDI experience.
- Project Management and client relationship experience.
- College degree or combination of equivalent education and experience.
- Competencies noted above.
- Strong oral and written communication and interpersonal skills.
- Supply Chain Management experience desired but not required.