Clinic Supervisor II (Orthopedic Clinic)
This job has now expired
Supervises and oversees Patient Representatives, intake coordinators and patient information employees and functions to assure quality patient check-in, scheduling, and checkout for large or complex clinic sites. Provides physicians and other clinical providers support in coordinating patient visits, schedules, procedures, and obtaining necessary information to support the facilitation of a positive patient-provider interaction. This position oversees staff and maintains responsibility for financial management of areas specifically delegated by the Clinic Manager. Develops and nurtures a collaborative working environment for all staff that participate in the patient flow process, resulting in a positive environment for patients, providers and staff.
The specialists, nurses, rehabilitation professionals, and physical and hand therapists at the Orthopaedic Clinic are dedicated to delivering care that combines excellence, service and compassion with innovative research and educational programs. Here, at University of Minnesota Medical Center, Fairview, University of Minnesota Physicians specialize in general orthopaedics, adult reconstruction and joint replacement, foot and ankle, hand and upper extremity, shoulder and elbow, musculoskeletal tumors, pediatric orthopaedics, spine and scoliosis, sports medicine, and trauma.
In order to qualify for this role, you must possess:
- Ability to perform effectively under stressful situations
- Knowledge of quality improvement and quality assurance activities
- Knowledge of basic Human Resources issues, policies and procedures
- Broad understanding of medical records, referrals, patient and physician scheduling, and patient information coordination
- One year or more of supervisory experience
- Patient-centered care and customer service
- Strong computer skills and practice management skills
- Demonstrated ability to work as a team with administrative and clinical staff towards the best interest of the patients
- Two plus years of successful front office and patient flow experience in clinic/physician practice environment
- Previous scheduling experinece in a complex clinic setting
- Knowledge of electronic medical systems
- Mastery of electronic medical systems.
- Post HS training in business, healthcare or related field.
- Knowledge of management policies and procedures
- Complex clinic setting with lead or supervisory experience
- Physician master schedule management
- Can demonstrate operations management skills
- Facilitation/coaching skills, staff supervision skills in a large group setting
- Microsoft Office skills including Word and Excel
We offer a competitive salary and excellent benefits and provide you with the opportunity to enhance your career in the exciting field of healthcare through rewarding and challenging assignments and the opportunities for advancement.