This job has now expired
Allina Hospitals & Clinics is a not-for-profit system of hospitals, clinics and other health care services with more than 23,500 employees, 5,000 physicians and 2,500 volunteers dedicated to meeting the lifelong health care needs of patients and communities throughout Minnesota and western Wisconsin. Allina is a vibrant, growing organization with opportunities to suit your professional skills and a diverse work environment to match your specific interests. We believe employees are our greatest asset and are dedicated to helping you develop and maximize your professional skills.
Allina Commons is the Minneapolis-based headquarters of Allina Hospitals & Clinics, a not-for-profit health care organization serving patients and communities. Approximately 1,600 corporate and administrative service employees work at offices within Midtown Exchange, site of the historic Sears retail complex at Chicago Avenue and E. Lake Street. This community landmark, adjacent to the campus of Allina's Abbott Northwestern Hospital, is the second largest building in Minnesota and includes offices, an internationally themed public market and residential units.
The Data Analyst works with the Division of Applied Research within the Center for Healthcare Research & Innovation to provide database design and data extraction expertise using WebI or Crystal Reports, dataset creation, analysis in STATA or SPSS, literature reviews, and methodological writing for the Robina Late Life Supportive Care initiative and other major research efforts. Specific accountabilities include:
- Translate research requests and data needs into actionable technical requirements. Generate data extracts from the enterprise data warehouse using Crystal reports or SQL. Create data dictionary and other related documentation for completed extracts.
- Provide direction to research teams on data extraction and database design. Demonstrated skill in designing and implementing data collection efforts. Consider the long-term implications of prospective data collection systems used by researchers.
- Assist in the development of the proposed research design and methods, including formulation of necessary data sets and appropriately partnered analytic techniques.
- Perform necessary cleaning of data, identification of variables and response values, and additional coding for analysis as necessary. Perform a variety of analysis using SPSS or STATA, employing traditional statistical techniques, advised by a senior methodologist and/or the investigator team.
- Conduct relevant literature reviews, develop annotated bibliographies, and contribute to the background, methods, and analysis sections of peer review manuscripts.
- Provide general analytic and resarch support for workgroups that are part of the larger operationalization of research endeavors.
- Bachelor's degree
- 2-3 years related experience
- Proficiency in use of statistical and/or related software, preferably in healthcare setting
- Strong initiative and judgement
- Exceptional decision-making and customer service skills
- Ability to anticipate, organize, prioritize, coordinate daily activities and projects as assigned with limited direction and supervision
- Experience in report writing using SQL or Crystal preferred
- Experience with SPSS or STATA required
Pay,Benefits, & Work Schedule
- Full Time Position (40 hours/week)
- Day Shift
**There are 2 full time positions available**
Minneapolis boasts being both cosmopolitan yet small enough that you can find a place to call home whether on a lake, golf course, or in an adjoining suburb. With the fast pace of activity there are professional sports, theater, or enough parks for a quiet walk. The area has numerous schools and colleges, both public or private, and enough teams for all weekend athletes to join.
- Located in Minneapolis
- Population = 380,000
- Service Area = 2,882,245
Community Resource Links:
If you are interested in becoming part of our award winning team of professionals, please apply online today. Allina Hospitals & Clinics is committed to providing Equal Employment Opportunities to all employees and applicants. EEO / AA