This job is no longer available
Patient Care Supervisor
At Children’s Hospitals and Clinics of Minnesota, doing what is right for all children and their families is what sets us apart. We provide top-quality pediatric care with a family-centered focus. We are one of the largest children’s health care organizations in the upper-Midwest, and we offer an exceptional workplace where you can thrive on new challenges. At Children’s of Minnesota, it’s the caring -- for kids -- that makes the biggest difference in your career and in your life.
Serving as Minnesota's Children’s HospitalSM since 1924, we provide 340 staffed beds at our two hospital campuses in St. Paul and Minneapolis. An independent, not-for-profit health care system, Children’s provides care through more than 12,000 inpatient visits and more than 200,000 emergency room and other outpatient visits each year.
The Surgery department provides surgical services to treat multiple issues from dental/oral to urologic conditions on an inpatient and outpatient basis. They assist in providing a pre-surgery program for patients, their siblings, and their parents which includes a tour of the hospital and a discussion on how the family can prepare for the upcoming hospital visit.
The Patient Care Supervisor supports the Patient Care Manager and Patient Care Director in management and improvement of unit based operations on all shifts. Responsible for assisting in the development and implementation of systems and processes to best support work process and flow on the unit. Collaborates with unit based staff and others to support the patient and family experience within the patient and family centered care delivery model. Promotes clinical quality and safety standards at the bedside. Responsible for ensuring optimal staffing levels in the unit. Serves as a role model for staff and assists with staff development including, but not limited to, performance management. Working within the Patient Care Manager/Patient Care Supervisor dyad, 25% of time spent will be during off shift and weekend hours. The 25% will include a minimum of hours spent on two weekend shifts/month. Reports to the Patient Care Manager.
- Demonstrates clinical knowledge and technical skills appropriate to the specific unit
- Serve as a role model to staff and clinical resource to providers
- Demonstrates knowledge of policies and procedures
- Identifies patient care issues and/or potential areas of risk and communicates appropriately to facilitate and support change
- Participates in development, implementation, and evaluation of unit goals, standards and performance improvement
- Current Minnesota RN license
- Minimum 2 years RN experience, with one year in a pediatric setting
- Demonstrated leadership experience
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Current BLS certification
- Unit based required certifications completed within 6 months of employment
Children's Hospitals and Clinics of Minnesota is an
Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to a diverse workforce.
Children's also participates in E-Verify.