Seasonal Head Lifeguard-Lake Minnetonka ...
This job has now expired
Schedules and provides on-site work direction to lifeguards at Park District swimming areas to ensure the safety of park users while creating a favorable image of the Park District.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Works with the Beach Safety Coordinator to develop training and education of guards and provide access to beach records and reports.
- Maintains a complete first aid list at all times
- Trains lifeguards in the proper use and care of equipment and maintains safety equipment in proper working order
- Conducts weekly reviews of first aid, rescue and water safety skills with lifeguards
- Maintains crowd control in swimming areas and a constant vigil for drowning and/or injured swimmers, assisting swimmers when necessary
- Maintains daily swimming records and reports
Minimum 18 years of age upon appointment.
Previous Three Rivers Park District experience preferred.
Must hold current Red Cross Lifeguard Certification or equivalent certification upon appointment and throughout employment. Must hold current CPR/AED certification upon appointment and throughout employment, specifically: Red Cross for the Professional Rescuer, Red Cross for Lifeguards, or American Heart Association Basic Life Support.
A fully completed Three Rivers Park District Online Application must be received by Human Resources by Friday, April 20th, 2012 at 4:30 pm. Any materials received after the closing date and time will not be considered.
Applications will be evaluated on the basis of relevant experience and training. The top group of applicants will be invited to participate in further job screening.Final appointment is contingent upon the applicant passing a background investigation including a criminal history search. Costs of the background will be paid for by Three Rivers Park District.