Technology Services Manager
This job has now expired
Health Care that Starts with You!
Join a truly mission-driven organization! Independent, nonprofit UCare is recognized as one of the Minnesota’s leading health plans. We provide more than 225,000 members across Minnesota and western Wisconsin with the health coverage plans and services they need to maintain and improve their health. The innovative coverage we create makes a difference for Medicare-eligible individuals, individuals and families enrolled in Minnesota Health Care Programs, such as MinnesotaCare and Medical Assistance, and disabled adults with special health care needs. UCare is growing in size, membership, products, geographic coverage, and employees. We’re an organization that’s going places. Be part of a team that cares about you, be part of UCare.
The Technology Services Manager is responsible for the overall management, implementation, maintenance and support of UCare's information technology infrastructure environment. Specific duties and responsibilities include:
- Manage Data Center operations. Oversee UCare's Data Centers and office location. Manage system capacity and performance. Ensure systems are properly managed and maintained. Guide the development and implementation of UCare's overall architecture approach and plan to ensure that UCare has the flexibility and scalability to adapt to an ever changing future. Support the Desktop Services Supervisor in managing the Desktop Services operations including delivery world class technical, customer service, monitoring and reporting on services to maintain business visibility to Service Delivery.
- Collaborate with Facilities and other areas of the business to co-manage UCare's Business Continuity and Disaster Recovery Plan. This includes maintaining UCare' warm-site, participating in the yearly update of the BCP/DR plan, and playing a key role in implementing and supporting the plan.
- Coordinate the systems evaluation, sizing, and acquisition including all IS systems purchases.
- Oversee the management of UCare's security infrastructure. This includes maintaining security policies/procedures, endpoint and perimeter systems to safeguard UCare's computing environment. Collaborate with Compliance to continuous improve UCare's security posture.
- Manage staff in their daily servicing of the UCare Customer Base. Ensure the appropriate procedures are followed in performing the functions of the Technical Services area. Develop company standards and policies for the use of UCare systems, including the Internet, and the UCare network. Collaboratively plan and implement the systems needed to meet UCare's business needs.
- Collaboratively manage the IS budget with CIO and IS Management to ensure that the budget is focused on providing UCare solutions aligned with its strategic goals. Review the IS budget periodically to provide ongoing management.
A bachelor's degree in Information Systems Management is preferred. Relevant experience in conjunction with related certifications will be considered in lieu of a degree.
Ten or more years experience in the information services field is required. Experience managing the following technologies is required: HP Unix servers, Oracle database services, Cisco (or other IP) phone system, Novell and Microsoft. Extensive experience is the healthcare industry is preferred. Other preferred experience includes: VMWare, systems security, virtual desktop, single sign-on, OS server patch management and EDI. Networks, and Microsoft desktop applications.
Enter a highly collaborative environment where people are truly engaged, and feedback is valued. You’ll enjoy a competitive salary and benefits, as well as a host of other perks, including a nationally recognized wellness program, and a bright, open, award-winning office space in Northeast Minneapolis—just minutes from major freeways and retail centers.
At UCare, we welcome and employ a diverse employee group committed to meeting the needs of UCare, our members, and the communities we serve.