Public Relations Manager
At Children’s Hospitals and Clinics of Minnesota, doing what is right for all children and their families is what sets us apart. We provide top-quality pediatric care with a family-centered focus. We are one of the largest children’s health care organizations in the upper-Midwest, and we offer an exceptional workplace where you can thrive on new challenges. At Children’s of Minnesota, it’s the caring -- for kids -- that makes the biggest difference in your career and in your life.
Serving as Minnesota's Children’s HospitalSM since 1924, we provide 340 staffed beds at our two hospital campuses in St. Paul and Minneapolis. An independent, not-for-profit health care system, Children’s provides care through more than 12,000 inpatient visits and more than 200,000 emergency room and other outpatient visits each year.
The Public Relations Manager oversees the development of public relations strategies and work that helps build the brand and reputation of Children's. The position will develop and direct the implementation of public and media relations plans, oversee and direct the management of external resources, act as a primary spokesperson for Children's, counsel and support executives and other leaders, and provide guidance to communications staff in carrying out public and media relations activities.
- Public and Media Relations Management
- Oversees development of public relations strategies that build the brand and reputation of Children's
- Develops public and media relations plans and directs the implementation of plan, including development of press releases and talking points and pro-active press outreach aligned with plans
- Facilitates press interviews between media contacts and Children's executives and other subject matter experts
- Prepares individuals for all major interviews
- Coordinates media training for all Children's spokespeople/subject matter experts
- Oversees and directs the effective management of external resources such as public relations agencies and other communications consultants
- Leads and manages crisis communications
- Proactively anticipates crisis scenarios and plans ahead to avoid significant impact
- Provides executive speech-writing services
- Provide executive-level strategic communications counsel including training for interviews
- Acts as primary spokesperson for Children's
- Assists with organizing and planning special press events such as press conferences as needed
- Oversees PR Specialist in carrying out public relations activities for Children's
- Provides guidance to Communications Consultants in carrying out public relations and media relations services
- Seven to ten years’ experience successfully managing public relations and media relations
- Proven experience driving communication strategy and planning for senior executives
- Excellent written strategic planning skills
- Demonstrated track record of developing and executing successful public relations strategies and programs
- Excellent media and crisis communications experience
- Must be able to effectively and professionally present information, communicate company messages succinctly, and communicate to staff in a cooperative, solutions-oriented manner
- Compelling and effective public speaker and company spokesperson
- Demonstrated track record of organizing and executing high impact large and small events
For immediate consideration, please use the Apply Now button to apply online.
Children's Hospitals and Clinics of Minnesota is an
Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to a diverse workforce.
Children's also participates in E-Verify.