This job is no longer available
Help Desk Specialist (Part Time Temporary)
Twin Cities Public Television, a Star Tribune 2011 Top Workplaces Employer, is seeking a skilled and experienced part time temporary Help Desk Specialist to assist tpt’s Information Technology Department in providing critical customer service for tpt staff and administers and maintains all activities related to desktop systems software and hardware.
The new part time temporary Help Desk Specialist will provide a high degree of customer service by responding to help requests in a timely, effective manner, keeping users fully informed of the status of requests by:
- Responding to telephone calls, e-mail and personal requests for technical support.
- Determining user system needs and implements appropriate hardware/software solutions.
- Determining user access needs and create users accounts in compliance with tpt policies.
- Configuring and installing computer systems, multifunctional and telecommunications devices and peripherals as appropriate.
- Administering, maintaining and upgrading conference room systems and technology.
- Escalating issues to Technology Support Manager and Technical Support Analyst when appropriate.
- Creating and maintaining technical documentation following tpt standards.
- roviding backup to Technology Support Manager.
- Training users and systems personnel on proper use of tpt systems, tailored to user needs and skill level.
- Determining, prioritizing and implementing training to familiarize new users with tpt systems.
The ideal part time temporary Help Desk Specialist applicant would have:
- A college degree or a combination of education and successful work history in Information Technology.
- 2-3 years of Information Technology experience with specific emphasis on managing and maintaining desktop systems.
- The ability to create effective, high quality relationships with internal and external constituents.
- Strong interpersonal, oral and written communications skills.
- Strong problem solving skills.
- Exceptional customer service and time management skills.
- The ability to work independently and motivate self to achieve success.
If you possess the necessary direct work experience required of a part time temporary Help Desk Specialist, please visit our Career Center at http://www.tpt.org/?a=careers to apply online.
Twin Cities Public Television is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer