Health Information Specialist
Since 1955 Presbyterian Homes & Services (PHS) has been providing the best in housing, care and services for older adults. As an integral part of service, we are guided by:
The mission of Presbyterian Homes & Services is to enrich the lives of older adults through services and communities that reflect the love of God.
Growth & Innovation
Presbyterian Homes & Services is seeking a full time Health Information Specialist for its team.
Consider joining our team in providing compassionate and high quality care and services within a caring Christian environment.
The Health Information Specialist is responsible for overall resident clinical record quality. The Health Information Specialist is responsible for organizing and maintaining medical records for residents consistent with regulations, policies and procedures and established best practices.Qualifications:
- Long term care experience in medical records and knowledge/experience of as a Health Unit Coordinator. Degree in medical records technology preferred.
- ICD-9 coding knowledge and experience preferred.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, and organizational skills.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks/projects and deadlines simultaneously.
- Demonstrated computer proficiency with Microsoft Office programs, medical software, data base user interface and query software and document management software.
- Demonstrated compatibility with the PHS mission and operating philosophies.
- Demonstrated ability to read, write, speak and understand the English language to communicate with all customers.