Food Technologist -- Gaylord, MN
- Under direction, this position is responsible for supporting activities around customer/sales sample requests, new products and line extensions.
- Conduct product development project work as a member of a project development team.
- Provide technical & scientific support for R&D/TS Department.
- Complete product development projects (concept through commercialization) within required timelines and specifications.
- Solicit, organize and analyze data and prepare reports on product development research.
- Collaborate with suppliers, purchasing and management in obtaining high quality ingredients consistent with projects.
- Provide on-site monitoring and technical assistance to operations when transferring products or processes to production.
- Present innovative concepts and products for internal / external accounts on an ongoing basis.
- Perform other duties of similar nature or level.
- Bachelor's degree in Food Science and 1-2 years experience performing similar work in the food industry; or an equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential duties of the job.
- Formulation and process experience, knowledge in food science, nutrition, labeling regulations and ingredient functionality.
- Effective computer skills, written and verbal communication skills; effective interpersonal skills with coworkers and general public.
- Ability to prioritize and perform multi-functional tasks simultaneously.
- Highly motivated individual with ability to work in a fast paced environment.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature of the work and may not include all of the duties required of the position. Please submit your application to:
Michael Foods, Inc.
120 Tower Street South
Attn: Cathy Grack
Gaylord MN, 55334-2318