Production Manager - Assistant
ASSISTANT PRODUCTION MANAGER
ILI is an architectural metals fabricator committed to providing the highest quality products and custom design solutions, with an exceptional level of service.
Key components of this position is to serve as an extension to the Production Manager to improve the productivity of the assembly, finishing, parts processing and shipping functional areas and to achieve the goals set for safety, cost, and quality and customer service and also to provide authority as a backup to the Production Manager in their absence and in presence to the second shift.
Directs and coordinates activities of production department in processing materials or manufacturing products by performing the following duties personally or through subordinate supervisors and/or lead people.
· Assist in planning and managing production schedules to ensure 100% on-time delivery of all customer orders.
· Provide assistance for the analysis of shop order releases with respect to capacity planning and material requirements.
· Compile, stores and retrieves production data.
· Reviews production and operating reports and resolves operational, manufacturing, and maintenance problems to ensure minimum costs and prevent operational delays.
· Complete shipping information and delivery date input.
· Monitor inventory quantities so that supplies for productions are adequate.
· Interface with operations, manufacturing, maintenance, purchasing personnel on material status and production planning issues.
· Participate in business process redesign issues. Development and enforcement of standard work practices, standard work instructions, conducts and participates in Kaizen events, 5S, and submits ideas for continuous improvements.
· Makes recommendations to improve operational and working practices and observes workers to ensure compliance with standards.
· Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws, including disciplinary protocol for employees.
· Oversees the operation of machines and equipment to ensure specific operational performance and optimum utilization and make recommendations to the Production Manager.
· Perform other duties as requested, directed or assigned.
Regularly required to sit or stand and move about the facility. Exposure to shop elements such as noise, dust, fumes and odors.
· 4-year degree preferred.
· 5-years of shop floor management in a manufacturing environment.
· Exposure with managing a union environment.
· Experience with purchasing, expediting, MRP/ERP systems, quality/continuous improvement initiatives, manufacturing safety practices and MS Office applications.
· Solid analytical skills.
· Excellent communication skills (oral and written),
· Ability to work will with others,
· Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
Submit resume to ConnieT@IndustrialLouvers.com