This job is no longer available
The Globe Education Network (GEN) system of educational institutions includes: Minnesota School of Business, Globe University, Broadview University, Institute of Production & Recording, Minnesota School of Cosmetology and Benchmark Learning.
The GEN consortium of colleges/universities is committed to providing career-focused education that enables its students to reach their career and life goals. With nearly 30 locations in Wisconsin, Minnesota, South Dakota, Utah and Idaho, this position offers an excellent opportunity to join a well-established organization.
Globe University, La Crosse campus, seeks an individual interested in becoming a Program Chair for the Information Technology program. This position provides programmatic support to faculty, staff and students and reviews programmatic needs, making recommendations to the Network Program Dean as necessary. This position will also provide classroom instruction.
Ideal candidates are patient, well-prepared and passionate about their discipline and have a desire to contribute to the training of our next generation of professionals. We operate on a quarterly calendar, with courses running for 11 weeks.
Ideal candidates possess the following qualities
- Student-centered teaching philosophy
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, with a focus on quick response time
- Effective problem-solving and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated ability to learn and use technology quickly and adeptly
- Adaptability; able to succeed in a fast-paced and ever-changing work environment
- Passion and enthusiasm for discipline or area of profession
- Bachelor's degree in IT; Master's preferred
- 3 years job-related experience
- Oracle, Microsoft certified, comp TIA preferred
The Globe Education Network of colleges and universities offer a dynamic environment, excellent growth opportunities, competitive earnings and a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, 401(k) and tuition assistance. Globe Education Network supports a diverse workforce and is an Employer Support of the Guard and Reserve. Background screening will be conducted on final candidate as part of the hiring process. CB# HE#