Legal Administrative Assistant
This individual will:
- Electronically file documents in state and federal courts.
- Transcribe and prepare legal documents/correspondence.
- Open, review and direct mail.
- Schedule meetings, depositions, court hearings and make travel arrangements.
- Heavy client contact with opposing counsel, witnesses and court personnel.
- Maintain files, profile electronic files and documents, and process legal documents, according to established best practices guidelines.
- Scanning, photocopying, indexing and filing of paper and electronic documents, including pleadings and correspondence.
- Process expense reports, disbursements, timesheets, and other administrative paperwork.
- Provide backup legal administrative assistance, as needed, to ensure overall team success.
- Perform special projects and tasks as directed by firm management.
Qualified candidates will have:
- FDCPA experience strongly preferred.
- Experience with Electronic Case Filings (ECF) in state, federal, and appellate courts strongly preferred
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite 2010 and Windows 7 strongly preferred.
- Proficiency with Digital Dictation strongly preferred.
- Excellent typing skills (both speed and accuracy).
- Knowledge and understanding of local court rules.
- Solid grammar, punctuation, proofreading and overall written and verbal communication skills.
- Proven attention to detail; excellent organizational skills.
- Exemplary telephone etiquette.
- Advanced client service skills.
- Strong work ethic, professional demeanor and reliability a must.
- Ability to manage multiple calendars including docketing of court appearances.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, managing multiple priorities, deadlines and conflicting requests.
- Ability to work under pressure with any and all litigation deadlines and/or attorney imposed deadlines.
- Ability and affinity for adapting to various personalities and work styles and the ability to successfully produce in that environment.
- Ability to work independently and work in a team environment.
- Ability to work 37.50 – 40 hours between 6:30am – 5:30 pm Monday – Friday.
- Ability to work overtime on occasion to meet position responsibilities and deadlines.
- Ability to lift up to 25 lbs.
- Ability to sit for extended periods of time.
Please email resume and cover letter to Jessica Castro at firstname.lastname@example.org
No agencies please.