Benefit Events Manager
At Children’s Hospitals and Clinics of Minnesota, doing what is right for all children and their families is what sets us apart. We provide top-quality pediatric care with a family-centered focus. We are one of the largest children’s health care organizations in the upper-Midwest, and we offer an exceptional workplace where you can thrive on new challenges. At Children’s of Minnesota, it’s the caring -- for kids -- that makes the biggest difference in your career and in your life.
Serving as Minnesota's Children’s HospitalSM since 1924, we provide 340 staffed beds at our two hospital campuses in St. Paul and Minneapolis. An independent, not-for-profit health care system, Children’s provides care through more than 12,000 inpatient visits and more than 200,000 emergency room and other outpatient visits each year.
Children's Hospitals and Clinics Foundation department is the fundraising arm of Children's. Gifts to the Foundation support treatment programs, provide support for patients and families, fund medical research, and raise awareness of pediatric health issues throughout the community.
This position oversees the development and implementation of benefit events for the Foundation of Children’s Hospitals and Clinics of Minnesota. The breadth of events at Children’s Foundation is large – from $1 million gala events to charity run/walks to cocktails for a cause, to smaller, upscale in-home parties. This role leads the development of long-range strategic plans that will exponential grow event participation and dollars within a large Foundation committed to raising support for kids and their families. This role requires creativity, strategic smarts, and strong organizational skills. Children’s has earned its reputation as one of the nation’s best through clinical quality and outcomes, and patient families talk equally about their unparalleled experience here. Working with the broader Foundation team responsible for raising philanthropic support, along with Children’s marketing staff, this leader must continually inspire and direct how best to bring the Children’s experience to life at an event. Experience design to create unparalleled, authentic events is what this position is all about.
- Bachelor's degree or higher and 6-8 years of experience in event planning, management of benefit events, or related field
- Four years’ supervisory experience
- Experience shaping extraordinary experiences and implementing breakthrough benefit events
- Experience in managing volunteers and committees
- Proven experience overseeing creative teams for print, online and production work
- Solid understanding and practical application of basic fundraising techniques and principles and experience with closing corporate sponsorships and building donor relationships
- Solid knowledge of donor databases (Raiser’s Edge preferred)
- Lean forward, vocal, inspiring leadership presence
- Strong analytical, organizational and project management skills
- Ability to prioritize and/or reconcile competing objectives, priorities and resources
- Proven writing and editing skills
- Strong verbal communication skills and clarity of thinking
- Creative and progressive thinker
- Strong work ethic, collaborative spirit and great attitude
For immediate consideration, please use the Apply Now Button to apply online.
Children's Hospitals and Clinics of Minnesota is an
Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to a diverse workforce.
Children's also participates in E-Verify.