Clinic RN II (Cardiothoracic Surgery)
This job has now expired
As a Clinic RN II within Cardiothoracic Surgery you will be responsible for facilitating consultations for in-house patients and providing pre-op teaching to patients and families regarding surgical procedures, hospital course, etc. You will review routine admission, pre-op/post-op orders and medical histories and diagnostic studies with the attending staff physician. You will review and communicate patient status to attending adult staff physician during daily rounds or as needed. You will communicate discharge teaching and follow-up plans with patients. You will act as a liason to ICU and step-down unit nursing staff and work with other disciplines; ie phamacy, social services, home care, dieticians, and cardio/pulmanary rehab to facilitate smooth hospital course for patients.
In addition, you will provide follow-up assistance with CT Surgery patients in the Clinic including: rooming patients, taking vital signs, physical assessment, wound care and counseling. You will also provide pertinent communication to referring M.D.
**This is a casual/weekend position.
In order to qualify for this role, you must possess:
- Current Minnesota RN Licensure and knowledge of specialty area.
- 3 years of clinical nursing experience, preferably within specific patient population group. Proven ability to function at highest level within scope of practice.
- Patient education and pro-active disease management skills.
- Excellent time management, prioritization, multi-tasking and organizational skills.
- Excellent assessment and care coordination skills.
- Proven experience with an EMR.
As an UMPhysicians employee, we will provide you with a competitive salary and excellent benefits. You will have the opportunity to enhance your career in the exciting field of healthcare through rewarding and challenging assignments and opportunities for advancement. EEO/AA