This job is no longer available
Top Career Solutions is currently hiring for an Estimator for our client in the Twin Cities.
The Estimator provides clients with timely and accurate quotes that meet customer specifications. Estimators are one of the first contacts a potential customer has with the company. Therefore, it is critical to convey a professional and accurate representation of our capabilities, pricing and operating practices.
Primary Job Responsibilities:
1. Make sure customers (potential customers) receive timely and accurate quotes
- Respond professionally and in a timely manner to customer inquiries regarding services and pricing
- Review customer blueprints and understand scope of work prior to quoting. Take time to understand, document and communicate customer specifications and requirements
- Follow work instructions and estimating policies to ensure quote accuracy and adherence to margin expectations (overall pricing, in addition to labor, materials, overhead costs, etc.)
- Work with management on any estimates that do not fall into the standard pricing and margin expectations
- Remain current with current trends and best practices in plating. Partner with production and New Product Development to ensure accurate quoting of new or particularly complex plating requests.
- May represent company at customer meetings and industry events
2. Follows sales processes and hits sales targets
- Perform to the annual sales plan metrics established
- Follow documented sales and estimating processes for prospecting, call follow up, quote, use of quote systems, call reports, expense management, etc.,
3. Follow company policies, work processes and documentation requirements
- Adhere to all company policies and procedures
- Follow work instructions, schedules and documentation requirements
- Follow all ISO and other regulatory requirements
4. Strive for continuous improvement
- Participate in cross-training opportunities
- Improve my knowledge and contributions
- Offer suggestions for improvement
- Strong internal and external relationships and service orientation
- Intermediate computer, Internet and software skills. Strong MS Word and Excel required. Experience with ERP / MRP systems and CRM systems
- Strong math skills, analytical ability and attention to detail. Works quite a bit with fractions, tolerances and troy ounces, decimals.
- Prior experience in estimating (construction; manufacturing)
- 2-year technical degree and 3+ years estimating experience in the electroplating industry.
- Job shop estimation experience
For consideration please send your resume to Nwaste@careersolutionsus.com.