Seasonal Beach Safety Coordinator
This job has now expired
Assists Park Operation Supervisors and the Park District Facility Manager in the organization and operation of District beaches to ensure safe and effective operation and to meet the needs of park guests and users.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Provides support, work direction, training and education for Lifeguards and Head Lifeguards.
- Plans, implements, conducts and evaluates pre-season, weekly in-service, and missing person training for Lifeguard and Facility staff.
- Provides Bloodborne Pathogen Training and CPR recertification to lifeguards.
- Monitors and Tests Lifeguards and Head Lifeguards on CPR, First Aid and Lifeguarding skills.
- Conducts on-site basic Waterfront training for Park staff at unguarded beaches.
- Inspects waterfront beach operation for safety equipment, emergency procedures, accident forms and reporting forms.
- Recommends and evaluates safety equipment needs for Park District waterfronts.
- Assist POS with scheduling and conducting interviews. Provide recommendation to the POS, for selection process.
- Assess lifeguard performance and provide additional training as necessary. Re-direct lifeguards quickly and effectively to ensure safety and to improve employee performance.
- Evaluate seasonal lifeguard and head lifeguard performance and submit recommendations to the POS.
- Assists with collecting and monitoring beach records and reports throughout Park District.
- Ensures thorough completion of reports according to established criteria.
- Evaluates and prepares written recommendations for end-of-season beach operations at guarded and unguarded beaches.
Five years of waterfront lifeguard experience required, two of which have been as head lifeguard or supervisor in another field.
Must hold current certifications for the following, upon appointment through entire period of employment: Lifeguarding, First Aid, and CPR/AED, specifically: Red Cross for the Professional Rescuer, Red Cross for Lifeguards or American Heart Association Basic Life Support. Must hold current Red Cross Lifeguard Training Instructor certifications for: Lifeguarding, First Aid, Bloodborne Pathogens, Waterfront and CPR/AED, specifically: Red Cross for the Professional Rescuer, Red Cross for Lifeguards or American Heart Association Basic Life Support. Beach Module certification preferred.Previous Three Rivers Park District experience preferred.
Hours will vary based on organizational need.
A fully completed Three Rivers Park District Online Application must be received by Human Resources by Sunday April 22, 2012 at 4:30 pm. Any materials received after the closing date and time will not be considered.
Applications will be evaluated on the basis of relevant experience and training. The top group of applicants will be invited to participate in further job screening.Final appointment is contingent upon the applicant passing a background investigation including a criminal history search. Costs of the background will be paid for by Three Rivers Park District.