Network and Security Engineer
Since 1955 Presbyterian Homes & Services (PHS) has been providing the best in housing, care and services for older adults. As an integral part of service, we are guided by:
The mission of Presbyterian Homes & Services is to enrich the lives of older adults through services and communities that reflect the love of God.
Growth & Innovation
Presbyterian Homes & Services, Management & Services division is seeking a full time Network and Security Engineer to join its team.
Consider joining our team in providing compassionate and high quality care and services within a caring Christian environment.
The Network and Security Engineer is responsible for designing, analyzing, and supporting the company’s network and security infrastructure across the enterprise based on requirements and standards. It is imperative that appropriate standards are documented, maintained and followed with the goal of providing high network availability and an unsurpassed level of service to our customers.
In conjunction with the whole of PHS IT and in response to requirements from the other PHS groups, this position will also engineer, implement and support appropriate enterprise solutions as well as local solutions in the following capacities (list is not all inclusive): Provide network implementation build-outs of all data infrastructure including WAN, LAN, Wireless in remote locations globally; provide security design, implementation and administration for all network infrastructure including WAN, LAN, Wireless in remote locations; provide engineering guidance on End Point Protection solution; provide consultative assistance to telecommunications staff on voice network; coordinate business unit requirements by gathering discussions to obtain design specifications to meet the stated objectives; work in conjunction with Project Management teams, Network Design and Support teams to provide turn-key Networking solutions; provide third-level troubleshooting and problem resolution on an as-needed basis; design and build networks to achieve high availability requirements; collect and analyze data about the performance and capacity of the network and its components, and make recommendations to management; create and maintain project and site documentation, and ensure proper escalation procedures are followed if a sensitive issue or a major problem is suspected.Qualifications:
- Minimum 5+ years experience supporting a multi-site network
- Minimum 4 year college degree required
- CCNP/CCIE certification or equivalent job related experience a plus
- Minimum of 5+ years in a Cisco environment
- Minimum 5+ years experience working with the following technologies:
- EIGRP and BGP. Ethernet switched LAN and 80.11 WLAN, SNMP, Spanning tree, CDP, VTP T1, PRI, DS3 and fractional services, along with Frame relay, ATM, IPSec VPN, MPLS services QOS, MGCP and H323.
- An expert understanding of Cisco IOS, NX-OS, and extensive hands-on experience with Cisco routers, switches, wireless, load balancers, and VPN devices.
- An expert understanding of TCP/IP networking and LAN/WAN architecture, including multiple VLAN’s, routing, security
- Experience implementing and troubleshooting Watchguard, Cisco, and Palo Alto firewalls
- Experience implementing Networking and Network Security in a VMware environment
- Demonstrate ability to design and implement complex Cisco data and VoIP networks.
- Experience in the use of network management tools to detect and resolve network issues.
- Must have the ability to lead small implementation teams in the deployment of networks and problem resolution of complex network problems.
- Exceptional customer service skills
- Demonstrated compatibility with the PHS mission and operating philosophies.
- Demonstrated ability to read, write, speak and understand the English language to communicate with all customers