Security Officer (Buffalo)
Allina Hospitals & Clinics is a not-for-profit system of hospitals, clinics and other health care services with more than 23,500 employees, 5,000 physicians and 2,500 volunteers dedicated to meeting the lifelong health care needs of patients and communities throughout Minnesota and western Wisconsin. Allina is a vibrant, growing organization with opportunities to suit your professional skills and a diverse work environment to match your specific interests. We believe employees are our greatest asset and are dedicated to helping you develop and maximize your professional skills.
Buffalo Hospital, located on the western edge of the Twin Cities metro area in Buffalo, Minn., has twice been named as the Best Minnesota Hospital Workplace. Buffalo Hospital has more than 400 employees, 180 physicians, and 34 staffed beds. It is a state-of-the-art facility with expanded or new facilities for emergency, urgent care, diagnostic imaging, surgery and outpatient center, cardiac center, sleep center and rehabilitation. The care team is noted for its passion in providing personalized, patient-centered care for nearly 66,000 inpatients and outpatients each year.
- Responds to all emergencies within the hospital campus.
- Controls situations and takes appropriate action/intervention to reduce injury, property damage or loss.
- Performs patrols and escorts on hospital property.
- Investigates calls for service and prepares written reports.
- Staffs the Communications center.
- Monitors critical building security systems, e.g., cameras, alarms adn building access controls.
- Ensures that all calls for service and alarms are responded to and resolved in an appropriate and timely manner.
- Enforces criminal ordinances and makes physical arrests.
- Understands and enforces administrative rules.
- Serves as a department liaison to hospital, department, and other customers.
- Uses all equipment in an appropriate manner.
- High school graduate or GED required.
- Two years post secondary education, or currently enrolled, in a security, law enforcement, or criminal justice undergraduate degree program preferred.
- If no degree, must have 1 year experience in security, law enforcement, military police or related field.
- POST Skills completed, International Association of Hospital Safety and Security (Basic), First Responder, Emergency Medical Technician (EMT), or OSHA first responder certifications preferred.
- Certified Fraud Examiner (CFE), Certified Protection Professional (CPP), Certified Forensic Interviewer (CFI), Physical Security Professional ( PSP), Professional Certified Investigator (PCI), a plus.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills a must.
- Basic office computer skills required.
- Knowledge of verbal and physical de-escalation, use of force continuum and arrest laws preferred.
- Must be in good physical condition and able to walk and stand for extended periods.
- Employees must be able to make decisions and act independently without direct supervision when making enforcement decisions and in meeting emergencies.
License Required: Current, valid driver's license, Insurable licensed driver
Pay,Benefits, & Work Schedule
- Casual Position
- Day/Evening/Night Shift
- Non contract
Located 35 minutes from Minneapolis or St. Cloud, the city of Buffalo lies at the intersection of two major highways and on two major recreational lakes, Buffalo Lake and Lake Pulaski. Quality education is very important to Buffalo residents, and it's one of the reasons many young parents are attracted to the Buffalo area. During the past 15 years, Buffalo has experienced enormous growth and development. This community offers both residents and guests a perfect mixture of modern conveniences and small town life. Although much has changed, Buffalo has retained its quaint feel and charm of the past.
- Located 35 miles Northwest of Minneapolis
- Population = 15,000
- Service Area = 123,500
Community Resource Links:
If you are interested in becoming part of our award winning team of professionals, please apply online today. Allina Hospitals & Clinics is committed to providing Equal Employment Opportunities to all employees and applicants. EEO / AA