Great River Energy
Approximately 80% of the work assignments will be performed in the field, with approximately 60% of those assignments requiring overnight stays.
Great River Energy (GRE) is the second largest electric utility in Minnesota and one of the largest generation and transmission cooperatives in the country. Check out what others are saying about us.
The Company treats employees and the environment with great respect.
Named one of the Twin Cities healthiest employers.
Great company, great benefits; a place to be proud of.
We are currently looking for a Surveyor to work in the field and out of our Elk River location who will be responsible for providing survey and technical support for GRE’s Transmission Division to meet the design requirements and ensure the objectives of the department are met. Job responsibilities will include:
- Completing field surveys for all transmission, substation and communication system needs.
- Supporting the design of projects by completing plan views and topographical and section drawings using AutoCAD.
To qualify you must have:
- A two year technical degree (i.e. drafting, survey tech., or civil tech.) and typically 3-6 years of survey or related experience OR 4-8 years of survey experience.
- Skilled at creating plan drawings from survey point data and mark ups provided by higher level Surveyors.
- Must be experienced in drafting utilizing AutoCAD software.
- Must be familiar with the use of Trimble survey equipment.
- Must be experienced in safely operating small equipment, such as chainsaws, four-wheelers, etc.
- Strong attention to detail and ability to work in a team environment is required.
For more information about Great River Energy please visit our website at www.greatriverenergy.com. Qualified professionals will find we have a lot to offer: competitive compensation, continued education, flexible schedules, an on-site workout facility, generous 401K plan, along with many more benefits.
To apply, please send, fax, or e-mail your resume with salary requirements, by April 26, 2012, to: Human Resources, Job #1205, Great River Energy, 12300 Elm Creek Boulevard, Maple Grove, MN 55369-4718. Fax: 763.445.5085. Careers@GREnergy.com an EEO/AA Employer.
No Agency Calls Please