Human Resource Supervisor
Position will be responsible for performing human resources related duties in all of the following functional areas: employee relations, training, recruiting and staffing, and benefit administration.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Oversees all job openings, assisting with screening applicants, conducts interviews and makes job offers.
- Maintains current position descriptions, physical demands and training phases.
- Develops and applies creative and effective recruiting strategies to attract and retain employees by attending job fairs and conducting follow-up meetings with new employees.
- Monitor turnover trends, conducts exit interviews and communicates opportunities.
- Assists in identifying, developing and facilitating supervisory training courses; preparing lesson plans; conducting research and working with subject matter experts.
- Assist Safety Manager with monitoring Safety Program Compliance.
- Assists with leave of absence, FMLA, Short & long-term disability.
- Monitors records to support Affirmative Action plan reporting.
- Responds to all unemployment claims.
- Participation in organizational teams and committees.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources/related field or equivalent experience preferred.
- Good knowledge of labor laws and regulations including AAP, ADA, FMLA, EEO, OSHA, Safety Programs, etc.
- Good knowledge and experience in Human Resources policies/practices, benefits, compensation and staffing with a minimum of 3-5 years direct experience.
- Strong presentation and written communication skills, team facilitation skills a plus.
- Knowledge of instructional design, classroom facilitation, web based training, training assessment and evaluation.
- Good knowledge of computer applications to include: Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Kronos and payroll systems.
- Bilingual in English/Spanish a requirement.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature of the work and may not include all of the duties required of the position. Please submit your application to:
Michael Foods, Inc.
Attn: Maria Rodriguez
120 Tower St. S.
Gaylord, MN 55334
Fax#: (507) 237-4554
Click Apply Now to Email Resume