St. Croix Regional Medical Center is seeking a Coding Supervisor, who will be responsible for establishing policies, reviewing departmental procedures and systems for efficiencies and implementing changes. This position is also responsible for evaluating the effectiveness of personnel and the quality of work completed, as well as insuring necessary communication between staff, medical providers, leadership and, at times, patients.
- Certification as a CPC or RHIT or RHIA with CCS or CPC credentials. Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Knowledge of both inpatient or outpatient hospital and clinic coding with a minimum three years working experience.
- Extensive knowledge of the coding regulatory environment
- Knowledge of Medicare coding and billing requirements, DRG assignment, CPT/HCPCS and ICD-9 coding requirements
- Previous management experience preferred
- Demonstrated effective leadership skills
- Ability to deal with difficult people and stressful situations in a professional manner
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to manage time and prioritize tasks
- Proven ability to proactively collaborate coordination across deparements and individuals
St. Croix Regional Medical Center is an independent, not-for-profit hospital and clinic located in St. Croix Falls, WI, on the Wisconsin/Minnesota border just north of the St. Paul metro area. We have three community clinics in western Wisconsin as well. The facility employs over 400 staff members including medical providers, and many consulting physicians serving specialty needs.
St. Croix Falls is a river town, with numerous opportunities for outdoor sports activities, as well as a great high school and a renowned professional acting theater. Our web site includes links to the St. Croix Falls Chamber of Commerce and Polk County Tourism web sites.
If you are interested in joining an organization with a positive work environment where you can make a direct impact in patient care, please apply by visiting our website at www.scrmc.org and click on About SCRMC.