This job is no longer available
The essential functions include, but are not limited to, the following fundamental duties:
- Supervise the development, promotion, implementation and evaluation of the Discovery Club and fee-based Youth Enrichment within Saint Paul Public Schools Community Education Department.
- Supervise the development and implementation of program mission, goals and objectives.
- Supervise and manage all budgets related to Discovery Club and fee-based Youth Enrichment within budgeted levels of income and expense.
- Supervise program staff including recruitment, selection, assignment, evaluation.
- Provide leadership in the development of new program sites and programming.
- Promote and monitor professional development opportunities.
- Supervise the data collection process and related reporting mechanisms.
- Establish and implement accountability procedures.
- Play an active role on the Community Education Leadership Team.
- Interpret and implement state, city and school district rules and regulations relating to Discovery Club and to school-age child care and fee-based Youth Enrichment.
- Maintain current knowledge of recent research and promising practices in the area of school-age care.
- Provide linkage between Saint Paul Public Schools Community Education and other youth serving agencies.
- Develop knowledge of community and maintain an on-going assessment process to determine area wants,needs and resources.
- Contribute to the District's Strong Schools, Strong Communities efforts by partnering with other staff to contribute to student achievement and the alignment and sustainability of resources.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Thorough knowledge of school-age child care and youth enrichment best practices.
- Considerable knowledge of the community education process and programs.
- Working knowledge of computers and software to manage program registration participation data, maintain budgets and compile program reports.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Superior ability to provide customer service and interface with parents.
- Considerable ability to provide leadership in program development and evaluation.
- Considerable ability to supervise staff and program organization.
- Considerable ability to manage a large program budget.
- Considerable ability to manage the logistics and operational details of a department that is part of a larger organization and to meet the goals and objectives of both.
- Considerable ability to establish effective working relationships with a variety of organizations and with individuals from diverse backgrounds.
Master’s degree in education, community education or a related field and three years supervisory experience in school-age child care and experience managing a large budget.
Experience managing a budget generated through fee revenue.
How To Apply
Apply for this position online at: http://hr.spps.org/Search_Jobs_and_Apply.html and attach a resume and cover letter to your online application.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Saint Paul Public Schools is an equal opportunity employer and supports an inclusive workplace environment.
Please apply before: Friday, May 25, 2012
Preferred start date: June, 15, 2012
Pay, Benefits & Work Schedule
This is a full-time 12 month position. Salary and benefits are in accordance with the Association of Supervisory and Administrative Personnel negotiated labor agreement. The labor agreement and salary schedule can be found at hr.spps.org.