Programmer Analyst Sr.
Health Care that Starts with You!
Join a truly mission-driven organization! Independent, nonprofit UCare is recognized as one of the Minnesota???s leading health plans. We provide more than 225,000 members across Minnesota and western Wisconsin with the health coverage plans and services they need to maintain and improve their health. The innovative coverage we create makes a difference for Medicare-eligible individuals, individuals and families enrolled in Minnesota Health Care Programs, such as MinnesotaCare and Medical Assistance, and disabled adults with special health care needs. UCare is growing in size, membership, products, geographic coverage, and employees. We???re an organization that???s going places. Be part of a team that cares about you, be part of UCare.
The Programmer/Analyst Sr. will utilize established programming standards and policies to perform and/or oversee project management, systems analysis and recommendation, computer program/system design, development, coding, maintenance, testing and implementation, including database coding of: Systems based on Microsoft Visual Studio.net with emphasis on C , ASP.net, IIS, Microsoft SQL Server including stored procedures, SSIS, SSRS, client server systems including knowledge of n-tier systems. Specific duties and responsibilities include:
- In conjunction with Program Lead and/or Application Development Manager collaborate with UCare staff and third-party contacts to create, implement, and test programs, program interfaces, and database(s) between UCare and other agencies and/or trading partners, and to manage projects.
- In accordance with established programming standards and policies, perform and/or oversee systems analysis and recommendation, computer program/system design, development, coding, maintenance, testing and implementation, including database(s).
- In accordance with established programming standards and policies, perform support of computer programs including database(s).
- Collaborate with Program Lead and/or Application Portfolio Manager to coordinate and implement user test plans and new software implementation including; packaged systems upgrades, extensions to packaged systems, third party software and internally developed programs and reports.
- Work with software vendor(s), System Specialists, and outside government agencies to resolve system and application programming related issues.
- Provide product and software support to client departments.
- Provide assistance with developing training materials.
- Collaborate with Application Portfolio Manager to develop, maintain and track required interface documentation.
- Assist Program Lead and/or Application Portfolio Manager in creating, documenting, and executing all standards and procedures relating to application development.
- Use initiative and innovation and use all available [software] tools to solve problems and reduce UCare Minnesota's manual-processing costs.
Bachelor's degree in Information Technology/Computer Science required. Relevant experience will be considered in lieu of degree. A minimum of five years of progressively complex development and platform integration experience in an IS environment, preferably in a health care environment. A minimum of four years development experience with and knowledge of: Microsoft Visual Studio: Microsoft Visual Studio.net with emphasis on C , ASP.net, .Net Framework, IIS, Microsoft SQL Server including stored procedures and DTS and SSIS packages, Ajax, client server systems including knowledge of n-tier systems, and PC (Microsoft Windows based) is required. BizTalk experience would be a plus. Health care provider or payer solutions such as McKesson CCMS, web services and
At UCare, we welcome and employ a diverse employee group committed to meeting the needs of UCare, our members, and the communities we serve. EOE/AA
Enter a highly collaborative environment where people are truly engaged, and feedback is valued. You???ll enjoy a competitive salary and benefits, as well as a host of other perks, including a nationally recognized wellness program, and a bright, open, award-winning office space in Northeast Minneapolis???just minutes from major freeways and retail centers.
At UCare, we welcome and employ a diverse employee group committed to meeting the needs of UCare, our members, and the communities we serve.