This job has now expired
Health Care that Starts with You!
Join a truly mission-driven organization! Independent, nonprofit UCare is recognized as one of the Minnesota’s leading health plans. We provide more than 225,000 members across Minnesota and western Wisconsin with the health coverage plans and services they need to maintain and improve their health. The innovative coverage we create makes a difference for Medicare-eligible individuals, individuals and families enrolled in Minnesota Health Care Programs, such as MinnesotaCare and Medical Assistance, and disabled adults with special health care needs. UCare is growing in size, membership, products, geographic coverage, and employees. We’re an organization that’s going places. Be part of a team that cares about you, be part of UCare.
The Systems Analyst designs solutions for improving productivity and efficient of the business processes. Research reported problems and service requests, plan and propose solutions, advocate for system and coordinate problem solving process and ensure that the business standards and requirements are met. Systems Analyst must be familiar with programming languages, operating systems, and computer hardware platforms as they often translate user requests into functional/technical requirements. Serve as a key link between IS and business user, and is able to lead teams through design and implementation of problem and service requests and projects. Specific duties and responsibilities include:
- Determine potential solutions and testing the solution for technical and business compatibility. Translate requirements of the business into technical specifications
- Collaborate with the Developers and Solutions Architects to ensure technical compatibility with application and infrastructure architecture
- Assist technical team members with planning of test schedules before production implementation of software or applications.
- Serve as lead to ensure proper implementation of new system/application.
- Stay current with technical sector developments in the industry. Remian highly competent in Amisys from a technical standpoint and business use.
- Serve as a mentor to staff to determine solutions for the business and technical teams.
A high school diploma or equivalent is required. A two year degree in data processing preferred, related field or relevant work experience considered in lieu of degree. Experience in healthcare setting preferred. AMISYS application expertise. Previous systems analysis experience in a healthcare environment. Ability to build relationships with the IS and business team members.
At UCare, we welcome and employ a diverse employee group committed to meeting the needs of UCare, our members, and the communities we serve. EOE/AA
Enter a highly collaborative environment where people are truly engaged, and feedback is valued. You’ll enjoy a competitive salary and benefits, as well as a host of other perks, including a nationally recognized wellness program, and a bright, open, award-winning office space in Northeast Minneapolis—just minutes from major freeways and retail centers.
At UCare, we welcome and employ a diverse employee group committed to meeting the needs of UCare, our members, and the communities we serve.