This job has now expired
ShopNBC is looking for a Broadcast Engineer to join a growing 24/7 television retail merchandiser right here in the Twin Cities.
This position will support live television studio production and post-production operations, assist in television systems design, installation and documentation, and provide diagnostic, repair and maintenance services on television equipment.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
· Works closely with Assistant Chief Engineer and the engineering team in all installations and maintenance requirements for the broadcast and production departments.
· Orders and maintains engineering parts and supplies.
· Responsible for the integrity of all internal and external signal transmissions.
· Troubleshoot and repair to a component level of broadcast related equipment.
· Assist Asst. Chief Engineer to maintain and create broadcast engineering documentation of system and wiring flows as related to the ShopNBC broadcast infrastructure.
· Responsible for day to day engineering support for a 24/7 live nationwide television network.
· Other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS / KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
· Associate's degree (A.A), or equivalent experience.
· Electrical Engineering degree preferred.
· 4-6 years in service and repair of broadcast video equipment preferred.
· Must understand video and audio signal flow as it relates to a broadcast facility.
· Have a working knowledge of electronics and the ability to troubleshoot down to the component level.
· Working knowledge of SD and HD signal processing.
· Ability to work with digital broadcasting/recording formats.
· Knowledge of television production, post production, studio and remote production.
Ability to work with detailed and intricate electronic equipment.
· Good writing, communication and computer skills.
· Computer networking skills required.
Senior Engineer > Assistant Chief Engineer > Chief Engineer