This job is no longer available
Exciting opportunity with a market leading financial services firm for accountant with excellent client interaction skills and service orientation. Some work from home flexibility.
AEM Financial Solutions is committed to providing an environment where employees can continue to grow and develop. We foster a culture of teamwork and work life balance through social & teambuilding events, wellness initiatives and have an excellent time off program including half day Fridays in the summer. We provide a competitive base salary, insured benefits, 401(k) and profit sharing and other benefits and services.
Responsible for providing local government financial management services including:
- Communicating financial information to administration and council members
- Day-to-day accounting activities
- Month end accounting, reconciliations and financial reporting
- Year end accounting, reconciliations and financial reporting
- Research & report writing including preparing charts & graphs
- Bachelor's degree in accounting, CPA preferable
- 3-5 years accounting/financial experience in city government or public sector auditing
- Strong Excel, general ledger, organizational & client service skills.
- Attention to detail essential
- Demonstrated ability to work independently to produce results