Diabetes Nurse Educator
This job has now expired
Allina Health is a not-for-profit system of hospitals, clinics and other health care services with more than 23,500 employees, 5,000 physicians and 2,500 volunteers dedicated to meeting the lifelong health care needs of patients and communities throughout Minnesota and western Wisconsin. Allina is a vibrant, growing organization with opportunities to suit your professional skills and a diverse work environment to match your specific interests. We believe employees are our greatest asset and are dedicated to helping you develop and maximize your professional skills.
Cambridge Medical Center, located in Cambridge, Minn., just north of the Twin Cities metro area, is a large multi-specialty clinic and a 57-bed hospital on one campus. Cambridge Medical Center has 900 employees and 50 physicians. Dedicated to providing patient-centered care in an atmosphere that promotes healing and comfort, Cambridge Medical Center provides services to more than 136,000 inpatients and outpatients each year.
- Provide assessment, education, and self-management training to clinic patients with diabetes, both individually and in group setting in an ADA recognized program.
- Work collaboratively with providers in care and treatment modalities
- Work with care Improvement department on improving optimal control outcomes for patients with diabetes
- Graduate of accredited School of Nursing
- Registered Nurse with CDE
- Experience in adult health education and in care
- Education of patients with diabetes, group facilitation, and behavior change theory
- Experience working collaboratively with physicians and other health care providers
- Experience in care improvement desired
- Strong pharmacological knowledge of diabetes desired
- Experience in management of both type 1 and type 2 diabetes
- BLS certification
- Medical Terminology required
- Diabetes management and education
- Group and individual teaching
- Effective communication skills; both verbal and written
- Strong organization and time management skills
- Electronic medical record experience desired
RN hires with less than 1 year of RN experience must be a graduate of an accredited school of nursing (American Association of Colleges of Nursing or The National League for Nursing) which is inclusive of a clinical rotation in an acute care facility.
Pay,Benefits, & Work Schedule
- Part-time: 20 hours/week
- Day/Evening Shift
- 8 hours/day; Varied Hours
- MNA Contract
The increased population and business growth in and around Cambridge have elevated the community to the status of a 'regional hub' in East Central Minnesota for shopping, services, entertainment, employment and education. Cambridge residents enjoy a community that maintains its 'small town' feel, yet is only 45 minutes from the metropolitan Minneapolis-Saint Paul entertainment and sports venues. The community is surrounded by lakes, rivers, and woods and offers its residents a quiet lifestyle with unlimited recreational opportunities. Education is a priority among the residents who take pride in Cambridge's excellent schools and community college.
- Located 45 miles North of Minneapolis/St. Paul
- Population = 7,500
- Service Area = 30,000
Community Resource Links:
If you are interested in becoming part of our award winning team of professionals, please apply online today. Allina Health is committed to providing Equal Employment Opportunities to all employees and applicants. EEO / AA