RN Triage - Hospice
Allina Hospitals & Clinics is a not-for-profit system of hospitals, clinics and other health care services with more than 23,500 employees, 5,000 physicians and 2,500 volunteers dedicated to meeting the lifelong health care needs of patients and communities throughout Minnesota and western Wisconsin. Allina is a vibrant, growing organization with opportunities to suit your professional skills and a diverse work environment to match your specific interests. We believe employees are our greatest asset and are dedicated to helping you develop and maximize your professional skills.
Allina Home and Community Services (HCH) is the trusted provider and expert resource in delivering patient-centered care and services for patients and families needing rehabilitation, advanced-illness or end-of-life care. With headquarters located in St. Paul, Minn., services are provided in 19 Minnesota counties, 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
- Answers inbound patient and family calls 24/7 for all AHCS programs, including: home car, hospice, community palliative care, senior care transitions, care management, and ambulatory clinic patients. Includes Care Navigation calls
- Coordinate patient / family needs with appropriate internal and external sources as appropriate
- Utilizes the nursing process, assessment, planning, intervention, and evaluation to coordinate and deliver care
RN hires with less than 1 year of RN experience must be a graduate of an accredited school of nursing (American Association of Colleges of Nursing or The National League for Nursing) which is inclusive of a clinical rotation in an acute care facility.
- Minnesota RN License
- Bachelors Degree in Nursing preferred
- Home Care, Palliative Care, Geriatrics, and/or Hospice Certification highly desirable
- 3 years acute care experience
- Triage experience preferred
- Knowledge of home and community services programs preferred
- Home Care, hospice, palliative care, geriatrics, ambulatory clinic, and care management experience preferred
- Knowledge of Government and non-government payers helpful
- MN RN- required
- Medical Terminology- required
- Exceptional customer service knowledge and skill
- Ability to communicate effectively, both written and verbal
- Problem solving /critical thinking ability
Pay,Benefits, & Work Schedule
- Part-Time position (32 hours per week)
- Shift: Evening
- Weekend Rotation: Every Other
- Work Schedule: 8am-4pm, 4pm-mid, and/or 10am-6pm
- Overtime Status: Exempt
With beautiful natural settings along the Mississippi River, St. Paul embodies a large ethnically diverse population with restaurants, cultural entertainment, and shopping venues for everyone. Downtown St. Paul features a number of historic buildings including the State Capitol, the Fitzgerald Theater (home to Garrison Keillor's "A Prairie Home Companion"), the Landmark Center, the St. Paul Hotel, and breathtaking views of the Mississippi River. The city is also home to the Science Museum of MN, the Xcel Energy Center (home of the MN Wild hockey team), and the MN History Center. St. Paul offers many private, alternative, and public school options from elementary through college and a wide array of housing options from old historic homes to new construction. The Twin Cities is consistently ranked near the top of Fortune's list of best cities in the world for work and family. A healthy business climate, opportunities for employment, good transportation, and an entrepreneurial environment are amongst the contributing factors.
- Located in St. Paul
- Population = 270,000
- Service Area = 1,600,000
Community Resource Links:
If you are interested in becoming part of our award winning team of professionals, please apply online today. Allina Hospitals & Clinics is committed to providing Equal Employment Opportunities to all employees and applicants. EEO / AA