Mental Health Therapist
Allina Health is a not-for-profit system of hospitals, clinics and other health care services with more than 23,500 employees, 5,000 physicians and 2,500 volunteers dedicated to meeting the lifelong health care needs of patients and communities throughout Minnesota and western Wisconsin. Allina is a vibrant, growing organization with opportunities to suit your professional skills and a diverse work environment to match your specific interests. We believe employees are our greatest asset and are dedicated to helping you develop and maximize your professional skills.
Mercy Hospital, located in Coon Rapids, Minn. is a 271-bed hospital serving the northwestern metro area. In 2011, Mercy was named one of the nation’s Top 100 Hospitals® and one of the top 20 mid-size hospitals in the U.S. by Thomson Reuters Healthcare, and is nationally recognized for cardiovascular care. With 2,200 employees and 740 affiliated physicians, Mercy has 154,250 admissions and serves nearly 58,000 emergency patients annually.
Participates on an interdisciplinary team to provide diagnosis and assessments to adults with mental health conditions. Addresses the case management and discharge planning needs of acute inpatients and their families. Supports inpatient mental health programming through therapeutic group facilitation's with work extending to individual, group and family therapy.
- Completed graduate program with a Master's degree in Social Work (preferred), Psychology, Family Therapy, or counseling related field
- Current experience in acute psychiatric or medical social work required, hospital social work preferred
- Ability to work autonomously in ambiguous complex situations with excellent problem solving and work prioritization skills
- Excellent communication and human relations skills with ability to form strong working partnerships.
- Independent practice level of licensure (i.e. LICSW, LMFT, LPCC, LP)
Pay,Benefits, & Work Schedule
- *Temporary* Full Time Position (Estimate at 6-8weeks)
- Day Shift
- Occasional Weekend
- Non Contract
The city of Coon Rapids is a fast growing community on the Mississippi River just 20 minutes north of Minneapolis-St. Paul, and the metropolitan area's gateway to the northern part of the state. Coon Rapids offers excellent access to highways, dynamic community shopping centers with major retail anchors, and a wide variety of recreational activities including neighborhood and regional parks, a municipal golf course, indoor ice arenas, hiking and biking trails and swimming pools.
- Located 14 miles North of Minneapolis and 20 miles Northwest of St. Paul
- Population = 63,000
- Service area = 413,500
Community Resource Links:
If you are interested in becoming part of our award winning team of professionals, please apply online today. Allina Health is committed to providing Equal Employment Opportunities to all employees and applicants. EEO / AA