CAG Intake Specialist
This job has now expired
Health Care that Starts with You!
Join a truly mission-driven organization! Independent, nonprofit UCare is recognized as one of the Minnesota’s leading health plans. We provide more than 225,000 members across Minnesota and western Wisconsin with the health coverage plans and services they need to maintain and improve their health. The innovative coverage we create makes a difference for Medicare-eligible individuals, individuals and families enrolled in Minnesota Health Care Programs, such as MinnesotaCare and Medical Assistance, and disabled adults with special health care needs. UCare is growing in size, membership, products, geographic coverage, and employees. We’re an organization that’s going places. Be part of a team that cares about you, be part of UCare.
The Complaints, Appeals and Grievances (CAG) Intake Specialist will receive and process requests for appeals and grievances from members, member representatives, providers, and regulatory bodies. Provide live telephonic access for members, providers and internal customers. Perform case set up and preparation activities for the department. Specific duties and responsibilities include:
- Answer incoming calls promptly to assure access for members, providers and internal customers during regular business hours.
- Monitor and retrieve incoming appeal and grievance requests and inquiries from mail, voicemail, fax, and email within established parameters.
- Screen, triage and distribute calls or requests for information to the appropriate person, department or organizational contact.
- Contact members/providers as necessary to obtain information required to initiate appeals/grievances and educate on the appeal/grievance process.
- Set up cases and assign to staff following department protocol.
A high school diploma or equivalent is required. A college degree or post high school education is desired. One year experience working in data entry and telephonic customer service and ability to use and understand commonly used electronic business office tools is also required. Experience with insurance operations, member or provider customer service and experience with complaint, appeal, and grievance support processes is preferred.
At UCare, we welcome and employ a diverse employee group committed to meeting the needs of UCare, our members, and the communities we serve. EOE
Enter a highly collaborative environment where people are truly engaged, and feedback is valued. You’ll enjoy a competitive salary and benefits, as well as a host of other perks, including a nationally recognized wellness program, and a bright, open, award-winning office space in Northeast Minneapolis—just minutes from major freeways and retail centers.
At UCare, we welcome and employ a diverse employee group committed to meeting the needs of UCare, our members, and the communities we serve.