This job is no longer available
Vieau Associates Inc., a Minneapolis-based environmental consulting firm, is currently interviewing candidates for a Full Charge Bookkeeper position in Edina. This career opportunity is available immediately and is considered a permanent position, flexible or part-time hours preferred.
We are looking for someone with experience using Microsoft Dynamics GP (formerly Great Plains) accounting software and working in a job cost environment. Experience with managing human resources administration and payroll is considered a plus.
Job Cost – Oversee time and expense entries for project management, billing and proposals. Create invoicing for jobs in accordance with contract specifications.
Accounts Receivable – Gather data for invoicing, post invoices, mail/email invoices, post payments to accounting software, prepare deposit slips and collections. Track sales tax collections and payments.
Payroll – Work closely with our payroll processing vendor to process hourly and salary payroll, prepare commission and bonus reports, retirement and other benefit tracking and contributions. Enter employee expense reports and ensure proper billing to clients when appropriate. Post payroll to accounting software.
Accounts Payable – Open mail, post invoices, prepare payables report, cut checks and/or post automatic payments. We may explore credit card payments. Reconcile vendor statements. Use tax tracking and payment.
General Ledger/Financial – Reconcile bank statements, post adjusting journal entries, reconcile the general ledger, prepare and review financial statements. Submit quarterly and annual reports to bankers and CPA firm.
Human Resources – Manage employee benefits and personnel files. Enforce policies and procedures. Administer group health insurance.
Office Management – Coordinate insurance renewals and ongoing insurance needs, and perform other duties as assigned.
This position will benefit from experience in the engineering or construction environment and is comfortable wearing many different hats in the office. Candidates should thrive in a fast-paced environment, be flexible and well organized to deal with the constant shifting demands of a growing business. Planning skills, a passion-driven desire for success and relationship-building skills are all imperative for the position.
QUALIFYING CRITERIA FOR THIS POSITION
- Two-year or four-year degree in accounting, finance, business administration, or equivalent.
- One or more years of experience as a full charge bookkeeper and/or office manager in a small-business environment.
- Experience with all facets of an accounting department including knowledge and fluency in Microsoft Dynamics GP and job cost.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent organizational skills, including problem solving and creative, logical thinking.
- Ability to handle multiple assignments with tight deadlines and to establish priorities.
- Ability and willingness to work independently but also as part of a team.
- Outstanding judgment, initiative, drive and the capacity to get things done.
Compensation and benefits are tailored to motivate and retain quality performance. Vieau Associates offers extraordinary opportunities for career-driven individuals who can enhance our reputation and help us grow.
Resumes will be collected until the position is filled. Salary range $40,000 - 50,000 based on experience and number of hours worked per week.
This is not a contract position.