This job is no longer available
Delivers welcoming phone service as a representative of the credit union through positive communication skills. Provides professional service and sales of deposit products and convenient services through effective interpersonal skills and proficient knowledge. Responsible for meeting established Credit Union and Branch goals through active participation in sales programs. Accurately and efficiently processes a wide variety of financial inquiries, account openings, service requests, and transactions. Balances transactions and completes necessary reports.
Major Tasks, Responsibilities and Key Accountabilities
· Delivers friendly, helpful phone service through:
o Preparing for daily interactions with a professional image and an organized workstation.
o Maintaining proficient knowledge of TruStone products and processes.
o Taking responsibility for waiting calls in a timely manner.
o Greeting and talking with members using a smile, pleasant tone, professional language, and full attention.
o Understanding the member’s objectives by asking appropriate questions and listening to the member’s responses.
o Identifying and recommending the best solution to strengthen the member’s financial well-being, including transferring the member to the appropriate staff to fulfill their needs.
o Processing the transaction accurately and efficiently.
o Closing the call by confirming member satisfaction and thanking the member.
o Following up with the member, as appropriate.
· Provides accurate requested information to members, including: account balances, historical account information, dividends earned, and interest paid.
· Fulfills member service requests for account maintenance, including: address changes, stop payments, check orders, check copies, account statement copies, and replacement of plastic.
· Processes routine consumer and business financial transactions, including withdrawals, transfers, and purchases of negotiable instruments.
· Opens savings accounts (excluding the primary share account), certificates, and convenient services following established standards and procedures. Explains all features, benefits, and fees of the account or service with transparency and proficient knowledge.
· Prepares appropriate documents to be mailed to members and provides follow-up correspondence as needed.
· Secures the credit union’s assets by handling negotiable instruments in a consistent manner, properly identifying members, keeping member information confidential, balancing at the end of each business day, and completing necessary reports that summarize daily activities.
· Cross sell the Credit Union’s products and services. Promote business for the Credit Union by maintaining good member relations and referring members to appropriate staff for new services.
· Achieves individual and branch sales goals through new business sales, referrals and retention of account relationships.
· Recognizes member needs for advanced products such as loan, business, IRA, HSA, investment, and mortgage products and seamlessly refers members to appropriate staff.
· Demonstrates a work style that is consistent with TruStone’s values and takes personal responsibility for own learning and development to support those values and the Contact Center’s success.
· Maintains up to date knowledge and adheres to all regulations, policies, procedures, and standards that pertain to this position.
· Performs other duties as assigned.
Major Skills and Competencies
· Must possess highly-developed interpersonal skills, a positive attitude, and a desire to help people.
· Must possess effective verbal and written communication skills.
· Must have reliable attendance.
· Must possess good judgment.
· Must possess basic math skills.
· Ability to organize and prioritize work and maintain accurate records.
· Projects a professional image.
Physical Job Requirements
Frequent periods are spent sitting in the same location with some opportunity to move about; occasionally there may be a need to stoop or lift light objects (typically less than 8 pounds).
· Ability to communicate with a diverse membership and employee group.
· Ability to accomplish the described responsibilities through the use of computers and technology.
· Ability to sit and/or stand for extended periods of time.
· Ability to work in a changing, challenging, and fast paced work environment.
· Variable stress levels.
· Provide own transportation.
· Occasional business travel.
Environmental Job Requirements
Typically located in a comfortable, quiet indoor area. There may be regular exposure to mild physical discomfort from factors such as dust, fumes or odors, temperature extremes, strong drafts, or bright lights.
· Pass the pre-employment drug test and background check.
· High school diploma or equivalent.
· Must be at least 18 years of age.
· One year of previous experience interacting with the public or serving customers.
· Previous experience working in a call center.
· Knowledge of banking and/or credit union regulations.