This job is no longer available
PRIMARY PURPOSE: Responsible for day to day operation and quality levels on both RoHs and non-RoHs SMT, and Wave assembly lines.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. For SMT & Wave processes: Operate SMT & wave equipment, program pick and place & screener, design tooling & fixtures for all assembly process, and trouble shoot.
2 . Set up Inspection plans, and adjust equipment to maintain an optimum product flow with a predefined product yields.
3. Train Operators on all aspects of running and maintaining the SMT and wave lines.
4. Help write basic procedures for operating and maintaining equipment.
5. Utilize quality improvement techniques and procedures to improve quality, and reduce costs.
6. Support and maintain a safe plant working environment with good housekeeping practices.
7. Support R&D sample builds as requested
8. Understand, support and contribute to current Molex Quality Management System, Six Sigma, International Standards Organization (ISO) and Environmental, and/or Health and Safety (EH&S) Management Systems by following stated policies and procedures.
9. Perform other related duties as assigned by management.
SCOPE: Work with minimal supervision in support of SMT line. Expected to be able to understand and write process documentation. May be required to support different areas across multiple operations. Work to be confined to CFP location. Must be able to understand/learn basic engineering tools such as control charts/control plans/SIPOC's, etc.
· HS diploma or GED
· 2 years technical training
· 5 years demonstrated work experience with SMT, wave operation, programming, tooling and preventative maintenance.
· Certified Electronic Technician; Certified SMT Operator, SAP experience
SKILLS & ABILITIES:
· Ability to juggle multiple tasks and use good judgment in floor activities.
· Must be computer literate including word processing & spreadsheets.
· Must be able to communicate effectively both in writing, one on one verbal, and group meetings.
· Familiarity with basic engineering/manufacturing tools & documentation such as control plans/control charts/work instructions/etc.
Rate of Pay - $18/hour DOE