Teacher's Aide (River Valley YMCA)
We are very excited to announce that the River Valley YMCA has an opening for a dynamic Teacher's Aide to join our team.
The Childcare Aide provides assistance to the childcare teacher and assistant teacher in implementing childcare center programs. The incumbent assists with carrying out the child care mission and values by providing high quality child care services to children and parents that focus on the YMCA core values: honesty, respect, responsibility, and caring.
- Assist with the implementation of daily plans and activities.
- Supervise children and participate with children in activities.
- Contribute to activity preparation and clean up and room maintenance.
- Maintain program site and equipment.
- Communicate with parents on an ongoing basis.
Qualifications - Required
- Minimum age of 16, preferred 18.
- Adult and child CPR or CPR/PR, First Aid, and AED Certifications within 30 days of hire date.
- Strong commitment to quality child care.
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills.
- A commitment to working with children in a developmental setting and a sincere desire to have a meaningful effect on their lives.
- Ability to work with individuals from diverse backgrounds.
- Lead and participate in activities that may include running, throwing, and kicking.
- Lift heavy objects weighing up to 50 lbs.