Nurse Clinician II - Mental Health
Allina Health is a not-for-profit system of hospitals, clinics and other health care services with more than 23,500 employees, 5,000 physicians and 2,500 volunteers dedicated to meeting the lifelong health care needs of patients and communities throughout Minnesota and western Wisconsin. Allina is a vibrant, growing organization with opportunities to suit your professional skills and a diverse work environment to match your specific interests. We believe employees are our greatest asset and are dedicated to helping you develop and maximize your professional skills.
Unity Hospital, located in Fridley, Minn. serves the northern metropolitan communities with a full continuum of care and services and is known for its expertise in bariatrics and obstetrical care. For more than 40 years, Unity has been dedicated to providing care to nearly 250,000 households in more than 26 neighboring communities. With 1,500 employees and 221 staffed beds, Unity provides inpatient and outpatient services to more than 107,000 patients each year. More than 635 affiliated specialists serve the patients of Unity Hospital.
- Work closely with the clinic Psychiatrists to ensure prompt and effective attention to patients' clinical needs and concerns
- Duties include clinical triage, coordinating care requested by the psychiatrist, patient and family education on mental health diagnosis a medication, brief counseling in crisis situations, and providing appropriate referrals
- Communicate patient care issues, provide information, or need for same day appointments
- RN BAN/BSN preferred
- Current Minnesota license
- 3 years nursing experience in Psychiatry/Mental Health setting
- Medical terminology required
- Crisis management
- Ability to work with multidisciplinary team
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Client/patient focused care
- Organizational skills
- Ethical practice
- Computer and telephone work
- Direct contact with mental health patients
RN hires with less than 1 year of RN experience must be a graduate of an accredited school of nursing (American Association of Colleges of Nursing or The National League for Nursing) which is inclusive of a clinical rotation in an acute care facility.
Pay,Benefits, & Work Schedule
- Casual position
- Day Shift
- No weekends
- Non Contract
Fridley is known for a small-town atmosphere in the midst of a metro area. Fridley schools experience unusually strong enrollment by nonresidents who cite quality academics, good school climate, and personalized attention for each student, as their reasons for choosing the Fridley Schools.
- Located 15 miles North of Minneapolis
- Population = 20,000
- Service Area = 600,350
Community Resource Links:
If you are interested in becoming part of our award winning team of professionals, please apply online today. Allina Health is committed to providing Equal Employment Opportunities to all employees and applicants. EEO / AA