ACA International, a trade association located in Edina, has an immediate opening for a Staff Accountant. Under the direction of the accounting staff, this position will assist senior accounting personnel with facilitating the association’s accounting functions.
Full time position includes complete benefits package: medical, dental, life insurance, 401(k), paid vacation, etc.
- Daily and weekly balancing of cash/prepare deposits and cash reports.
- Reviewing all expense reports for accuracy and proper expense disclosure and classification. Reporting any variances to VP of Finance.
- Working closely with AR/payroll clerk to assure the accuracy of payroll, billing and all corresponding journal entries.
- Performing monthly bank reconciliation for depository account.
- Making month-end standard journal entries, including amortization of all prepaid assets.
- Intercompany reconciliation.
- Preparing month-end payroll journal entry balancing with media general intercompany entries.
- Running all required month-end reports and files according to document retention guidelines
- Putting together GL book each month with required backup and signatures.
- Preparing Use Tax Report on a monthly basis and maintaining schedule of taxable use tax items.
- Preparing Accounts Receivable Report detailing all past dues and balancing GL to AR.
- Preparing month-end balance sheet review and reconciling any differences.
- Preparing Month-End Capital Cash Flow and Financial Statements.
- Reconciling capital expenditures.
- Responding to inquiries from department head regarding expenses, budgets, etc.
- Assist with Auditing procedures as performed on a scheduled or non-scheduled basis.
- Prepare payroll and payroll processes in the absence of HR Manager.
- Assisting in all budget preparation, input and balancing.
- Performing other duties as assigned.
Bachelor's Degree in Accounting
- 2+ years of related professional experience is preferred
- Experience with any of the following software’s a plus but not required: MS Dynamics GP (Great Plains) accounting, FRX reporting, Forecaster budgeting software’s and ADP Payroll
- Must be proficient in MS Word and Excel
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to handle confidential information
- Strong customer service skills
- Ability to work on projects with minimal supervision
- Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Nonprofit experience a plus
Send cover letter; resume; and salary requirements to Human Resources, ACA International, 4040 W 70th Street, Edina MN 55435 or e-mail: email@example.com