Firmware Engineer – Embedded Design
This job has now expired
Cardiocom®, Experts in TelehealthSM, is seeking a Firmware Engineer. Design firmware for microprocessors that control our award-winning medical device products for remote patient monitoring. Join a fast growing organization with the latest engineering design tools, rapid pro-typing and short development cycles. Our company is preparing for an explosion of growth with the booming telehealth industry. Design expertise and entrepreneurial skills are rewarded in our small team environment. Your designs will come to life in months, not years. See the impact of your engineering expertise in products that improve the lives of thousands of patients daily.
Founded in 1997, Cardiocom develops, manufactures and markets telehealth devices for heart failure, diabetes, hypertension, COPD, asthma and other chronic conditions. Cardiocom clients include some of the most respected home health groups, health plans, hospitals, physician groups, and coordinated care companies in the nation. Take your career to the next level and join the winning team at Cardiocom!
Primary technical role is to write firmware for 8, 16 and 32 bit microprocessors that control medical devices for remote patient monitoring. Position is also responsible to create debugging and validation testing. Will also develop and design firmware documentation.
- Firmware Design and Development in C, C++
- Write PC software for system, protocol and device testing
- Perform debugging and validation testing of hardware and software functionality
- Implement drivers and interfaces in firmware: Bluetooth, USB, RS232, Ethernet, Wi-Fi, 3G, etc.
- Embedded System Design and Development for 8,16, and 32 bit embedded processor products and related components
- Implement internal and external communication protocols
- Continuation engineering for current products
- Prototype assembly, debugging and validation
- Create design documentation including Specifications, Validation and Verification plans and reports, Change orders, Technical files, etc.
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment
- BS EE or computer science degree
- 2+ years C, C++ firmware experience
- Embedded system design experience
- Medical Product Design experience a plus
- Electrical design experience a plus
Salary, Benefits and Other:
- Salary dependent on experience.
- Cardiocom offers a dynamic team environment with a great benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, 401K, flex spend, LT Disability, Life, PTO and Holiday.
- Excellent opportunity for professional growth and advancement.
Cardiocom is an EEO/AA employer.