Building and Grounds Engineer/Security Officer
West Side Community Health Services is the largest community clinic organization in Minnesota. We have been a visionary organization since 1972. With a progressive model of care that emphasizes education, prevention, and integrated services, our multilingual/multicultural expertise provides accessible health care to all of our diverse communities.
As healers we put people first, providing high-quality patient-focused health care that is evidence-based, reflects best practices, and respects the cultures of the patients we serve.
As community advocates we are sought out as the community voice for Latino, Hmong, adolescent, and health care issues. We understand public health issues, partner with other organizations to address community needs, and advocate for public policy that helps people gain access to affordable health care and other needed services.
We are currently seeking a part time Building and Grounds Engineer/Security Officer to work at La Clinica in St. Paul. This position is 20 hours per week. Duties include:
- Perform general maintenance, carpentry, plumbing and electrical tasks. Perform wall repairs and painting/touch ups. Repair carpeting or tile in small areas.
- Maintain clean appearance of grounds, lobby and common areas daily. Ensure proper care of lawn and shrubs (water, trim, cut). Shovel sidewalks and spread salt/sand as necessary in winter.
- Organize and maintain a system for storage and inventory of supplies and equipment.
- Assist in moving furniture and supplies, hanging pictures, etc. Make recommendations for supplies, equipment or furniture purchases.
- Patrol the clinic grounds inside and outside to ensure the safety of people and property.
- Provide escorts for clinic employees to their vehicles at their request.
- Respond to and handle incidents that occur on the clinic grounds.
- Maintain testing schedule for coffee equipment, fire extinguishers, emergency lighting and drains on a monthly basis.
- Serve as backup van driver to cover vacations and high volume situations.
- Knowledge and ability to operate, maintain and repair property and equipment.
- Basic knowledge of plumbing and electricity.
- Ability to physically lift and move materials and equipment, and perform building maintenance tasks.
- Ability to work flexible hours, including evening and occasional weekend hours.
- Valid Minnesota driver’s license.
- Previous experience in general facility maintenance and security.
- Ability to communicate well with a variety of people.
- Medical insurance
- Dental insurance
- Life, Accident, and Voluntary Life insurance
- Paid Time Off and Holidays
- Short Term and Long Term Disability
- Flexible Spending Account
- 403b Tax Sheltered Annuity Plan with employer match
- Employee Assistance Program
Please visit the employment section of our website at http://www.westsidechs.org/jobs.php to apply. No phone calls please. AA/EEO