Teacher (Minneapolis Downtown YMCA)
This job has now expired
We are very excited to announce that the Minneapolis Downtown YMCA has an opening for a dynamic Teacher to join our team.
The Child Care Teacher provides direction for the program and staff and implements program curriculum in the classroom. They work cooperatively with teachers and administrators to carry out the child care mission and vision. The incumbent provides quality childcare services to children and parents that focus on the YMCA core values: honesty, respect, responsibility, and caring.
- Work with supervisor to implement curriculum within the established guidelines.
- Design and implement daily lesson/activity plans.
- Supervise the children, classroom, and all activities.
- Make ongoing, systematic observations and evaluations of each child.
- Conduct parent conferences and maintain communication with parents.
- Maintain program site and equipment.
- Assist with the orientation, training, evaluation, and supervision of staff members.
- Assist with yearly staff evaluations and with interviewing applicants for staff positions within the childcare program.
- Maintain required program records and children’s files.
Qualifications - Required
- Meet Minnesota DHS Rule 3 or Wisconsin HFS 46 Teacher qualifications, including yearly in service requirements.
- Minimum 21 years of age.
- Adult and child CPR or CPR/PR, First Aid, and AED Certifications within 30 days of hire date.
- A commitment to working with children in a developmental setting and a sincere desire to have a meaningful effect on their lives.
- Able to plan, organize, and implement program activities
- Excellent skills in teaching, communication, and human relations.
- Ability to work with diverse populations.
- Lead and participate in activities that may include running, throwing, and kicking.
- Lift heavy objects weighing up to 50lbs.