Assistant Teacher (Minneapolis Downtown YMCA)
This job has now expired
We are very excited to announce that the Minneapolis Downtown YMCA has a new opportunity for an Assistant Teacher to join our team.
The Child Care Assistant Teacher will support the teaching staff in implementing childcare programs. The incumbent will assist with carrying out the child care mission and values by providing high quality child care services to children and parents that focus on the YMCA core values: honesty, respect, responsibility, and caring.
- Assist with the implementation of daily plans and activities.
- Assist in supervising children and participate with children in activities.
- Maintain program site and equipment.
- Communicate with parents on an ongoing basis and assist with parent conferences.
- Assist with daily observations and child evaluations.
- Provide guidance for children’s behavior.
Qualifications - Required
- Meet Minnesota DHS Rule 3 or Wisconsin HFS 46 Assistant Teacher qualifications, including yearly in service requirements.
- Minimum age of 18.
- Adult and child CPR or CPR/PR, First Aid, and AED Certifications within 30 days of hire date.
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills.
- A commitment to working with children in a developmental setting and a sincere desire to have a meaningful effect on their lives.
- Able to work with individuals from diverse backgrounds.
- Lead and participate in activities that may include running, throwing, and kicking.
- Lift heavy objects weighing up to 50 lbs.