LSC Marketing Manager
This job has now expired
Works independently in developing LSC marketing programs and supporting established Club Mystic programs to create greater guest business and loyalty. Provides direction in the management of the LSC Smoke Shop outlet, coat check and valet operations.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, marketing or related field and three years related casino marketing experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Intermediate computer experience with emphasis on the MS Office applications.
- Experience in developing and implementing on-line and social marketing initiatives.
- Ability to analyze, interpret and act upon financial data.
- Skilled at promoting collaboration among peers and direct reports. Valid driver’s license may be required with good driving record.
- Plans, coordinates, and implements cost effective marketing programs to increase gaming revenue, including: general marketing initiatives, promotions, Club Mystic programs/events, direct marketing efforts and on=line marketing practices.
- Provides direction to marketing, smoke shop, coat check, and valet staff to gain compliance in fulfilling department goals and objectives. Monitors and addresses department performance in relation to goals.
- Contributes to the leadership of the casino by assisting in the development of divisional strategic initiatives. Produces annual operating and marketing plans with supporting operational and capital budget for the marketing, smoke shop, coat check, and valet departments.
- Works with Performance Analysis on a pre and post analysis of marketing initiatives to determine likelihood of success before implementation and actual results against intended results.
- Strengthens guest loyalty by providing direction and oversight of host activities as well as through regular guest interaction.
- Coordinates Marketing programs and activities between Mystic Lake and LSC. Coordinates resources to implement marketing programs at LSC.
- Interviews, selects, hires and promotes team members. This includes team member training and developing. Completes performance appraisals, disciplinary actions and terminations.
- Prior supervisory experience