Program Coordinator - Wozupi
Plan and coordinate events and activities for youth and adult programs at Wozupi. Assist with curriculum development. Provides intermediate administrative support under general supervision, while maintaining strict confidentiality of departmental information. Responsible for maintaining departmental records.
- Actively collaborate with SMSC Education, Playworks, local school systems and others to coordinate and schedule youth group’s visits/programs.
- Prepare, plan and facilitate youth and adult program events and activities. Assists with curriculum development regarding organic gardening, bee keeping and maple syrup production. Prepare/coordinate packets of information for classes/activities. Maintain files containing records of past activities and events.
- Support day-to-day marketing/communication efforts to announce/promote classes, programs, activities, farmer’s markets, TSA (Tribally Supported Agriculture) membership/information using social media platforms, website, intranet announcements, emails, etc.
- Update and maintain database for TSA program. Creates invoices and collects payment for Wozupi products, including TSA memberships. Enters and deposits cash receipts. Completes accurate billing. Create pick tickets and pack lists for TSA program.
- Performs administrative duties such as screening mail, handling telephone calls, setting up files and records, and preparation of routine reports.
- Work with Purchasing department to assist with ordering supplies, seeds, equipment, etc.
- Combination of education and/or experience in youth program development, elementary education, training and development or related field to equal two years.
- Experience with farming or gardening.
- Proficiency (ability to create non-routine files or reports) in word-processing, spreadsheets, presentation, database, electronic mail software.
- The ability to communicate information and ideas in written and spoken English so others will understand.
- Valid driver’s license may be required with good driving record.