Health Records Technician (Temporary)
This job has now expired
Under the direction of the Scan Team Lead and the Health Records Quality Coordinator, the Health Record Technician (HRT) will scan and index patients medical records into electronic format utilizing established processes. The HRT will enter patients past medical histories (medications, allergies, and social history) into the electronic medical record for use by Patient care and Provider teams. The HRT will also redirect incoming labs, transcription and test results from outside sources to patient record.
In order to qualify for this role, you must possess:
- Post secondary education in Health Information Administration
- Knowledge of basic office equipment and basic technical skills
- Detail oriented and able to organize and prioritize
- Strong attention to detail
- Self motivated and ability to work independently and with a team
- 1 to 2 years prior experience in a physician clinic medical record department
- 1 to 3 years experience in electronic medical record environment and release of medical information experience
- Strong knowledge and experience working in electronic medical record environment
- Knowledge of medical terminology
We offer a competitive salary and excellent benefits and provide you with the opportunity to enhance your career in the exciting field of healthcare through rewarding and challenging assignments and the opportunities for advancement.