This job is no longer available
Provides primary nursing services for patients; including SMSC Community members and their families, SMSC employees and their families, and Native Americans living in Scott County, in a clinic setting. Also provide health and wellness education for individual patients and groups as requested.
- Provides primary nursing services in a clinic setting for SMSC Community members, employees, and dependents. Also provides home care for SMSC Community members and dependents to inlcude primary nrusing services, personal care, and related care as needed.
- Works closely with the multi-disciplinary team to include Medical Doctors, Chiropractors, Physician’s Assistants, Nurse Practitioners, Physical Therapists, Occupational Therapists, and other health care professionals.
- May provide initial assessment and medical treatment for SMSC employees who are injured at work and secure a urine specimen for drug and alcohol testing.
- Administer health screenings for employees as part of a health risk assessment to include biometric testing, health questionnaire, and recommendations to reduce or eliminate health risks.
- Give immunizations to patients to include but not limited to influenza and hepatitis vaccines.
- Document patient information gathered during the assessment, biometric testing, observation, care provided, patient progress, and any relevant medical information for each patient within the confidential patient record.
- Provides health education opportunities for staff on various health-related topics as requested.
- Complies with HIPAA rules and maintains all patient information confidentially and securely.
Minimum Job Requirements:
- Successful completion of a Practical Nursing program from an accredited secondary school.
- Must be currently licensed as a Licensed Practical Nurse by and in good standing with the Minnesota Board of Nursing.
- Good computer skills to include MS Word, Excel, and Outlook, as well as other health care or business related software as needed.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Valid Drivers license with good driving record.
- Most hold and maintain Cardio Pumonary Rescusitation (CPR) certifciation. If not CPR certified upon hire, must obtain certifciation within 90 days of employment.
Three or more years of related work experience.