RN-MNA, Obstetric Nurse Educator
This job has now expired
Allina Health is a not-for-profit system of hospitals, clinics and other health care services with more than 23,500 employees, 5,000 physicians and 2,500 volunteers dedicated to meeting the lifelong health care needs of patients and communities throughout Minnesota and western Wisconsin. Allina is a vibrant, growing organization with opportunities to suit your professional skills and a diverse work environment to match your specific interests. We believe employees are our greatest asset and are dedicated to helping you develop and maximize your professional skills.
United Hospital, located in downtown St. Paul, Minn., is the largest hospital in the Twin Cities east metro area, providing a full range of health care services to 200,000 inpatients and outpatients each year. With 3,400 employees, more than 1,000 physicians and 546 licensed beds, United Hospital has earned a reputation for excellence in patient care and state-of-the-art facilities, including innovative programs such as the John Nasseff Heart Hospital and John Nasseff Neuroscience Institute.
United Hospital is proud to be recognized as an ANCC Magnet Hospital.
An established, award-winning Electronic Medical Record is utilized.
- Coordinate and provide clinical services for expectant and new mothers through collaboration with a multidisciplinary team
- Serve as expert resource to healthcare professionals who provide services for these women
Education & Experience:
- Graduate of a school of nursing approved by the MN board of Nursing and accredited by a national accrediting body (e.g. AACN, or NLN), which is inclusive of clinical rotations with an acute care facility
- MN RN
- Minimum 3 years full time or full time equivalent obstetric nursing experience required, demonstrated interest or expertise in working with diabetes in pregnancy, experience with high-risk pregnancy preferred, teaching, group facilitation and clinic experience also preferred
- Educator with multicultural experience
- Assessment problem solving, critical thinking, delegation, strong interpersonal communication, listening skills, self-motivated, positive attitude and flexibility
Pay,Benefits, & Work Schedule
- Casual position, no guarantee of hours per week
- Day shift
- MNA contract position
With beautiful natural settings along the Mississippi River, St. Paul embodies a large ethnically diverse population with restaurants, cultural entertainment, and shopping venues for everyone. Downtown St. Paul features a number of historic buildings including the State Capitol, the Fitzgerald Theater (home to Garrison Keillor's "A Prairie Home Companion"), the Landmark Center, the St. Paul Hotel, and breathtaking views of the Mississippi River. The city is also home to the Science Museum of MN, the Xcel Energy Center (home of the MN Wild hockey team), and the MN History Center. St. Paul offers many private, alternative, and public school options from elementary through college and a wide array of housing options from old historic homes to new construction. The Twin Cities is consistently ranked near the top of Fortune's list of best cities in the world for work and family. A healthy business climate, opportunities for employment, good transportation, and an entrepreneurial environment are amongst the contributing factors.
- Located in St. Paul
- Population = 287,000
- Service Area = 1,600,000
Community Resource Links:
If you are interested in becoming part of our award winning team of professionals, please apply online today. Allina Health is committed to providing Equal Employment Opportunities to all employees and applicants. EEO / AA