RN - Float Pool
Allina Health is a not-for-profit system of hospitals, clinics and other health care services with more than 23,500 employees, 5,000 physicians and 2,500 volunteers dedicated to meeting the lifelong health care needs of patients and communities throughout Minnesota and western Wisconsin. Allina is a vibrant, growing organization with opportunities to suit your professional skills and a diverse work environment to match your specific interests. We believe employees are our greatest asset and are dedicated to helping you develop and maximize your professional skills.
Unity Hospital, located in Fridley, Minn. serves the northern metropolitan communities with a full continuum of care and services and is known for its expertise in bariatrics and obstetrical care. For more than 40 years, Unity has been dedicated to providing care to nearly 250,000 households in more than 26 neighboring communities. With 1,500 employees and 221 staffed beds, Unity provides inpatient and outpatient services to more than 107,000 patients each year. More than 635 affiliated specialists serve the patients of Unity Hospital.
Professional nursing is the healing art and science used for diagnosis and treatment of human responses to actual or potential health problems. This means that the professional registered nurse uses his/her education, experience and critical thinking skills to coordinate patient care. As a leader, the professional nurse has the responsibility, authority, and accountability for assessing, planning, implementing, coordinating, and evaluating the care for patients and their loved ones.
- Graduate from accredited schools of Nursing; baccalaureate in nursing preferred
- Current Minnesota RN license
- CPR certification within 90 days of hire
- Proficient oral and written skills
- Critical thinking skills and patient care competencies for assessment, intervention, and contributions to health care team planning and evaluation
- Ability to work intimately with patient and families throughout the life continuum
- Ability to establish effective relationships with health care team members, managers, and leader and with key personals who relate to the patient and family during times of illness, crisis, and development.
- Skillful in teaching others
- Experience with substance abuse and geriatric psychology preferred
RN Hires with less than 1 year of RN experience must be a graduate of an accredited school of nursing (American Association of Colleges of Nursing or The National League for nursing) which is inclusive of a clinical rotation in an acute care facility
Pay,Benefits, & Work Schedule
- Part Time, 16 hours per week
- Evening shift
- Every other weekend
Fridley is known for a small-town atmosphere in the midst of a metro area. Fridley schools experience unusually strong enrollment by nonresidents who cite quality academics, good school climate, and personalized attention for each student, as their reasons for choosing the Fridley Schools.
- Located 15 miles North of Minneapolis
- Population = 20,000
- Service Area = 600,350
Community Resource Links:
If you are interested in becoming part of our award winning team of professionals, please apply online today. Allina Health is committed to providing Equal Employment Opportunities to all employees and applicants. EEO / AA