Compass Airlines is currently seeking a Reliability Analyst for our Minneapolis, Minnesota – Headquarters location. We are looking for an innovative and technical individual, with exceptional business judgment as well as the initiative and competence to make a significant contribution to the Compass Organization to come join our growing team.
• US Citizen or have the legal right to accept employment in the United States
• High School Diploma, GED, or equivalent
• Knowledge of Transport Category US Airline (14 CFR 121) Maintenance and Inspection reporting and documentation requirements
• Knowledge and understanding of all CFRs and guidance material related to:
o Airline Technical Operations (including Quality, Maintenance, Engineering, Inspection, Planning, Materials)
o Repair Station activities
o Air Carrier Reliability (including AC 120-79)
• Strong computer software skills including:
o Strong Excel capabilities including pivot tables, charting, and graphing
o Access or other database
o Word, PowerPoint, and Outlook
o Adobe Acrobat
• Presentation of technical reports to small - medium sized groups to internal and external customers
• Asset Tracking Programs experience
• Bachelor’s Degree in Aviation Management, Business, or related field
• Air Carrier Reliability and Performance Measurement, Analysis, and Reporting experience
• Intermediate math/algebra level formula/spreadsheet manipulation
• Data Analysis
• Experience on Embraer 170/175 aircraft
Job Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
• Strong MS Excel (including pivot tables, charting and graphing capabilities) spreadsheet and Access (or similar) database skills, and proficient with other MS Office Suite products and Adobe Acrobat.
• Research, gain knowledge, and make analysis independently
• Verify data and develop collection technique improvements with other analysts and raise both efficiency and productivity levels while maintaining the required redundancies of a small but critical group.
• Possess exceptional Analytical skills and be detail oriented.
• Ability to work together as a small but high impact team.
• A strong desire to solve complex problems using analytical skills and statistical data.
• Conduct and coordinate with other Reliability Analysts the daily review of computerized maintenance data and analyze the performance of all aircraft types / components to alert Technical Operations management of adverse trends.
• Perform and document projects and activities for the Reliability Department as assigned.
• Report all Safety / Critical Failure Events and Chronic Discrepancies to the Technical Operations Division (internally) and the FAA (externally).
• Produce, manage, maintain and present:
o Required monthly reports to distribute to the FAA, manufacturers, and Compass Leadership
o Monthly Maintenance Performance meetings
• Work closely with manufacturers, not only regarding product reliability, but also with standardization of reliability reporting formats and data fields.
• Maintain a working knowledge of Regulations and Standards associated with aircraft maintenance and support, including:
o FAA Advisory Circulars regarding Maintenance and Performance Reliability (e.g. AC 120-79A)
o Part 121 Transport Category Aircraft Maintenance and Repair procedures
o Aircraft maintenance manuals, component maintenance manuals, illustrated parts catalogs, service bulletins, and other maintenance and operations publications
o ATA Spec 100 coding for aircraft systems, subsystems, and components
o Federal Aviation Regulations [Title 14 CFR Parts 21, 26, 39, 43, 91, 121 and 145], DOT, and other government regulatory requirements and guidance
o Air Transportation Oversight System (ATOS) Performance Assessments, IATA Operational Safety Audits (IOSA), and Department of Defense (DOD) Audits
• Company processes and procedures from Continuing Analysis and Surveillance System (CASS) and other Compass Airlines manuals.
• Industry Standards and Procedures used in aircraft MSG-3 based aircraft maintenance programs.
• Other duties as assigned.